Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan question

Family plan question

It says you have to reside at the same address to use the family plan.. (which makes perfect sense!) but my husband travels for work - and is often in the states for a couple days at a time (we live in canada) Do you have to be at the same address to use it period?
5 Replies

Hi @Manz, welcome to the community!

As a member of a Premium for Family, you should be able to enjoy your Premium features anywhere in the world for as long as you like, that means, you can still enjoy ad-free music even if you're temporally in another country 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, thank you for your response. I have a similar question.

I want to get a family plan but my family lives permanently in different parts of the world (US, and Bangladesh). Is there any workaround for that?

Hi @1296949744,

In a permanent scenario like this I don't think a Family Plan is feasible. I guess each member should stick with their own regular Premium.

BittencourtSpotify Star

I'm trying to get an answer to the question in that from a legal perspective, which plays out into the areas of finacial assistance, healthcare, etc uni students have home addresses in one place and reside in another for periods of time.  From a government perspective, which affects you finacially, this is the case yet it seems Spotify does not recognise this.

I see your point, @ozkfid,

You can always get in touch with the Spotify staff - simply drop them a line on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or by using the contact form. Make sure, if you use the latter, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply.

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts