Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan subscription for Canada

Solved!

Family plan subscription for Canada

Is the Spotify Family plan available yet in Canada? 

My wife and I both have the free accounts and would like to switch to the family plan, however when we click on Upgrade, we don't see any kind of link to the family plan. 

Thanks

D

227 Replies

Try, and tell us what they say...

Hhmmm...girlfriend is liking spotify premium but no.family plan.. will be looking at Apple instead, kinda crazy how a huge company can't stay on top of their *hit

Reading this I'm in total shock.  I was holding off on getting  subscription until I researched the licensing and cost... and wow. We are not apple users so won't be looking at that. Looking at google adn it appears they have a multi device usage so one account can be used at the same time... even better. Sorry Spoti-fail.

I'm waiting for the family Plan ! my subscription expires in 3 days, I really do not want to go the apple music route. But if I have no choice, without a spotify family plan, I'll have to cancel.

It's unfortunate that Spotify is slow to react to Apple Music offer.

Like other, I am to cancel my subscription and switch to Apple Music because I cannot get the family account in Canada.

Hey Spotify,

what's the update on this?

That's it, I'm out! Apple music has better selection, better features, family plan with a cheaper price. I'm tired of being laughed at for months. See you never Spotify!

They just didn't say it was going to be over the next 3000 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google play music does not allow users to play on multiple devices simultaneously either. This really limits those using Android phones as far as getting family plans, which changes my mind about getting a Samsung. Seeing as Spotify could care a less as evidenced by their ignorance of the concerns on here, I'll break the bank and stick with Apple and Apple music.

Happy to say I've also made the move to Apple Music. As much as I detest iTunes, I'll be able to have the Android app this fall, and it is a free 3 month trial, so I can't go wrong.

The amount of money Spotify will be losing on the Canadian market is going to be insane!

Can we get any update on this ? My wife and I both use spotify, I'd like to make the move to a family subscription but it's been so long since it's been announced I'm starting to think it won't happen. 

The page that points to the family plan "coming soon" does not even work anymore, it redirects to the homepage in canada :

https://www.spotify.com/family/

Can we get any update if and when it will come ?

I have posted a new topic on this and still no answer. I personally moved the family to RDIO...

And I've moved to Apple Music. Too bad, because I liked the user-generated playlists on Spotify, especially the world music ones. Now I listen to them on the free version of Spotify and add them to My Music on Apple.

Come on Spotify!!! Get on with it. I'm in the same boat as many others. I will be taking my family music needs elsewhere if the family plan isn't made available in Canada soon. I'm going to give it one more month and then I'll be switching to Google or Apple music, both of which are cheaper by the way.

I think I know..

Watching a pub from Rogers on tv.... it just hit me. Spotify won't offer the family plan in Canada because they will sell that plan to Rogers and Bell who will then use it as a bonus for their most expensive data plan... I think we are being ripped off, as usual!

Yes that’s what dawned on me as well over the weekend and was going to post
the same thing just now!

Hopefully, family plan for Google music will come to Canada soon!

http://phandroid.com/2015/09/28/google-play-music-family-plan/

On a serious note, I've been waiting over a year with alternates available, if, before my next billing cycle this isn't resolved, I'll move my family elsewhere.

Coming soon for a year isn't acceptable.

any release date for family plan

i will move to http://www.rhapsody.com/family next week

Solution?  That article is over a year old, still no family plan.  Still no worthwhile info from Spotify......

Suggested posts