Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan

Family plan

Hi! I just upgraded my Telia premium to a Telia family plan account a few days ago. I activated my account, it works fine. Invited family members. The first one succeed and is up and running. Second and third invite fails. This is what happens; Email with invite comes through, I follow the link to Spotify's website. Get "Redeem token" and confirm the token. Get asked to fill in the address form to enter the family plan, which I do. Then I get looped back to redeem token, confirm again, fill in the address form, loop back to redeem token, and so on. Forever... Both family members have Spotify's free account, neither have been premium, at least not for 1 year. <br><br>Please help me! Don't refer me back to Telia, I've been in touch with them a couple of times already. From their end all is good, since the account is activated and I'm able to send invites. Thank you for an otherwise fantastic product!
15 Replies

Hey @MamaSE 

Let me start by welcoming you to the Spotify community and congratulations on your first post. 🙂

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles wit adding fresh accounts to your subscription. The best place to head to would be our contact form at this link.

If you reply to the automated reply that you receive and let us know the 8 digit case #, I'll make sure the right team get on top of things for you. 🙂

Thank you for your response. I have done that already, the answer was to contact Telia for account support. I replied with a more detailed description of my problem and since then I've heard nothing. I filled out another contact form late last night, still waiting on response to that one. The case # I got the first time I used the contact form was 01884586.

No worries, have you the 8 digit case # regarding the contact? We'll take a look at things. 🙂

Please note I edited my first response and added the case#. The second contact form I filled out was even more detailed. I wrote down the email addresses to the two accounts I've invited to my family plan. I also wrote down my address, so that you can see if maybe I got that wrong from the start when I activated the family plan. Can't think of anything else... Thank you!

Thanks for that! I'll get one of our guys to take a look at things for you. Hopefully they'll be in touch soon. 🙂

Only a couple of hours after your last reply I got an email from Spotify's support team. The solution; open the link in Google Chrome instead of Safari. When I did that a tiny little check box from Telia was marked as mandatory. I have ignored the box before, now I checked it and everything works like a charm! So I'm not sure if the solution was Chrome or the check box, but anyway my family and I are now happy family plan users! A really great service, twice the price from before when the 4 of us shared 1 premium account, but worth every penny!

Hi! I have simular problems. When my family members has accept the invitians I must enter the family plan token, I don't what that is, telia couldn't help. I hope you can help me with this. / PatrickSkärmavbild 2014-10-18 kl. 14.23.07.png

As I wrote, we got it to work by installing Google Chrome to iPad/iPhone and following instructions. If that doesn't work for you I can try to translate the complete answer I got from Spotify's support team and post that here.

I have tried in Google Chrome and it didn't work. So please post the answer you got from Spotify. 🙂

Now when I read the mail I got from Spotify's I'm not sure I can translate correctly... Does Swedish work? If not maybe you can try google translate 🙂

Det låter som att du säger att ni hamnar i någon slags loop, det finns ett par sätt att komma ur den och sen fungerar det förhoppningsvis bättre. 🙂

Det första jag skulle be er göra är att logga ut och sen in igen. Kolla då att ni loggar in till rätt konto och att ni inte blir automatiskt inloggade till fel konto.

Alternativt så kan ni öppna sidan i en annan webläsare, t.ex. Google Chrome eller Firefox, kvarstår problemet så kan du använda dig av ett Inkognito eller Privat fönster istället, då laddas nämligen allt ner på nytt utan att ta hänsyn till vad som gjorts innan.

Alternativ två är att du tömmer temporära internetfiler och cookies från webläsaren, då tömms minnet på allt gammalt som kan orsaka det här, sen bör det fungera bra igen. På de flesta webläsare gör du så här:

1. Stäng det fönster där du har felmeddelandet
2. Håll nere Ctrl + Shift + Delete på tangentbordet samtidigt
3. Det räcker att du väljer: Cookies (kakor) och Cache (temporära internetfiler)
4. Ändra tidsrymden till "Från tidens början" eller liknande.
5. Klicka på "Ok" eller "Töm" eller liknande.
6. Sen stänger du hela webläsaren och provar logga in/återställa lösenordet på nytt

Hey guys!

@MamaSE Glad to hear all's working well for you now! Enjoy! 🙂

@patlin62 We thought we'd help out by translating for you 😉 Just read the steps below:

The first thing I would ask you to do is to log out and then in again. Check when you log in, that you're logging in to the correct account and that you will not be automatically logged into the wrong account.

Secondly, you can open the page in another browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox. If the problem remains try using an Incognito or Private window instead, most browsers have these by right clicking the browser icon and selecting from the menu.

Should you still have trouble, try clearing the temporary internet files and cookies from your browser. On most web browsers, follow these steps:

1 Close the first window where you have the error message
2 Hold down Ctrl + Shift + Delete on your keyboard
3 Delete the cookies (mmmm biscuits) and cache (temporary internet files)
4 Change the span to "From the starting point" (or similar)
5 Click "OK" or "Empty" or similar.
6 Then close the entire browser and try to log in / reset the password

If you're still having any further troubles after using these steps, the best thing to do at current would be to reach the contact form here. Reply to the automated reply that you receive, this will make sure the correct team receive your email. Also, let us know the 8 digit case # and we'll also make sure of this!

Hope that helps out 🙂

Can someone help me? i tried to subscribe to family plan, y choes me + 2 family members, but i want to change it to me +4 family members but i cant, it wont let me, every time i go to upgrade its sends me to a apage that says its has an error, and keeps asking me to cancel in order to do the change, i canceled but the upgrade keep sending me to that page

@jotaodobleu - As far as I am aware, you need to cancel, wait for your account to drop to Spotify Free and then once that happens you can set up a new plan.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am trying to add to our family plan as well.  Got to redeem token and "activate" part and when activated it said technical diffuculty "may already be a premium" member?  I spent a while dealing with this - seems like this should be much easier.  So far this has been a total waste of time.

@dhruvinaz 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts