Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan

Family plan

How can i switch my account and add a family member?
2 Replies

Accepted Solution

Spotify Family (Q&A)

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone! If you've got a whole family of music-lovers, then you should check out Spotify Family.

With Spotify Family you can invite up to four family members and share one billing account whilst keeping your listening history, recommendations and playlists completely separate. To learn more about Spotify Family, click here.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

How am I charged?

Whether the subaccounts youโ€™ve signed up for are in use or not, youโ€™ll be charged the full subscription price every month on the same date you signed up.

What happens if I cancel?

If you cancel, all the subaccounts on the plan will revert back to the Free subscription level at the end of your current billing cycle.

I want to add an additional subaccount to my existing Family plan. How do I go about doing this?

To add an additional subaccount to your Family plan, you will firstly need to cancel your existing plan subscription here. Once cancelled, you will be able to upgrade to Spotify Family again and select the new plan here.

• If you cancel during your billing period with subscription time remaining, any subaccounts under your Family plan will remain as members. You will not need to re-invite existing members when upgrading to a higher Family plan.
  • If your current billing month lapses at the time of cancelling, you will need to re-invite any existing subaccounts once upgraded to the new Family plan. All members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses.

I'm trying to add a subaccount to my Family plan but they already have Premium. What can I do?

When they  accept the invite, they're added to the Family Plan when their current billing period runs out. They won't be charged for their account any further - their payments are handled by their Family Plan owner.

However, if their Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or your mobile operator - they'll need to contact them to cancel the Premium first.

Can I add a member from another country to my Family plan?

People in different countries cannot be on the same Spotify Family plan. If you're the Family plan owner trying to add a subaccount based in another country, you will be unable to complete the invitiation process.

Note: In this instance, we may be able to reset the country settings on the subaccount. Please contact us using the contact form or via Twitter for further guidance.

Will I lose any playlists when I convert to Spotify Family? Will members I invite lose any playlists on their accounts?

Not at all! All music and playlists under your account will remain exactly the same, as will any subaccounts you add to your Family plan.

What are the restrictions on the members I can add to my plan?

To be added to your plan, a person must:

โ— Reside in the same country as that of the administratorโ€™s billing address.

โ— Be over 13 years old.

โ— Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify (and not, for example, via iTunes or a mobile operator).

Can Spotify Family be used with other plans such as student discounts, or plans joined through a phone company, etc.? 

Sorry, no. Any discounts cannot be applied to plan accounts.

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens when I upgrade?

If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We wonโ€™t bill you until the time youโ€™ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page.

family.jpeg

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts