Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family subsciption

Solved!

Family subsciption

Hi,

I have a family plan (premium for family). I am trying to invite my wife (she has a basic account through facebook). when i enter her mail address, it say "oops something went wrong...".

I have invited her before, but she doesn't appear on my list of family members on the management page.

Any idea why it is not working?

thanks in advance.

Azzedine

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Get in contact with the Spotify support team here. They will help you as fast as they can.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there wymea!

Does your wife already have a Spotify Premium subscription or is she using a Spotify free account? All members you invite must be registered as Spotify free.

Otherwise try to follow these steps to invite her again. 

Invite a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member. 

To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Under 'Manage your family accounts', click GO.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.

Change a member

Only the administrator of the plan can change a member.

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Under 'Manage your family accounts', click GO.
  3. Click on the member you would like to change.
  4. Click CHANGE THIS MEMBER
  5. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.

Accept an invite

If you’ve received an email invitation to join Premium for Family, first of all, congratulations! Secondly, in the email, click ACCEPT INVITATION. Then:

• If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account: the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. ClickREDEEM.
  • If you do not have a Spotify account: you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click ACCEPT INVITATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM
  • If you have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify: you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

Note: If you receive an invitation via a link, click it, then click REDEEM

Hi Astame,

thank you for the quick reply. She has a free account. When i try to send a mail invitation, i get an error message "Oops! something wnet wrong. please try again later".

Is your wife's Spotify account registered on the same wifi address as yours? If it's not. Tell her to create a new account and try again.

@wymea

Send by yourself the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

She will be able to accept the invite that way.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, 

I tried that, but when trying to use the link, it says that she already is a member of the family group. 

I have the exact same problem with adding my daughter.

Marked as solution

Get in contact with the Spotify support team here. They will help you as fast as they can.

@wymea @hegeanitamoen

Try in a different computer, making sure she's logged in with her username and not with someone else's account.

While logged in with her username, she can check the status of her subscription here:

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts