Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family subscription - can't add family members

Family subscription - can't add family members

Hello,

I subscribed today for Spotify family and each time I try to add a family member I get the message "Something went wrong. Please try again". All the family members I tried to add are already Spotify free users. Can you help me?

Thanks,
Paulo Matias
48 Replies

Hi I attempt to send an invite to my family subscription and when I hit the send invite it oops! something went wrong try again. I have lots of times and it still isn't working. I have 4 people left.

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Is the main account subscribed as Premium or as Family plan? All accounts need to be Free, and then they need to be upgraded with the Family plan. Ofcourse if you don't have additional accounts, you may create them and invite them.

Have you already tried to use:

• Another browser
  • The incognito (private) mode of your browser
  • Another device to login with

Please let Spotify  know if you still have problems. 

hi there pmste2487,

When inviting someone to your family account you have two options:

1) Send an invite through email;

2) Generate a link and send them this link.

I tried to use an invite by email too and i had the same error. But I was able to generate and use a link. Can you try the second option and see if it works?

Att,

ravxl

Me neither. I get that same error, and if I try to invite by code the other person gets an error for "not being in the same country"... we are even using the same computer. Only difference is my account says "IE" (Ireland) in caps and his says "ie". Would someone please resolve this issue?

I have the same problem. On the account overview page in also says I have an Free account but the Premium for Familly page still exists, however, adding someone is not possible.

Hello,

when I want to add the fifth person to my family abo, I get the message "Hoppla! Da ist wohl etwas schiefgegangen. Versuch es noch mal.". Tried it with several mail adresses, but doesn't work. Can you help me?

With Spotify famly I have another problem: I changed my country to "Germany" by  using another credit card. It worked fine, but in my profile settings still the old country (which is Poland) is displayed. My family members can't sign in because they are German.

Thanks for helping me.

i have the same problem

I can't add a family member to my Premium for family plan. I tried to send the invite to my brother e-mail adress but a error message appear telling me to try again. When I try to send the link, I can't paste. I tried to a different e-mail address and the same happens.

I'm having the same problem, please help…

same problem here

hi there folks,

When inviting someone to your family account you have two options:

1) Send an invite through email;

2) Generate a link and send them this link.

I tried to use an invite by email too and i had the same error. But I was able to generate and use a link. Can you try the second option and see if it works? Are you sure that you can`t copy the generated link?

Att,

ravxl

I have the same problem.

I had exactly the same thing yesterday.

Hi there margaretmurray!

Have you already tried to redeem it in an other webbrowser? sometimes as simple things like that can help.

I have the same problem in Chrome as well as in IE and on different computers

this is stupid. 

Why not simple FIX the email-option so we can use it...

I have the same problem! And I am really annoyed! I changed to Family Plan and cannot use it! Another annoying thing is that there is no way to contact Spotify directly or some official support! 

Thinking about to switch to another streaming service...

Please Spotify, correct this ASAP!

Thanks,

Tobel

Hi, I have just joined Premium for Family. I have tried to invite family members by emailing them with the link but I keep getting the error message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again". I have tried numerous times.
I am disappointed that I am unable to invite family members as I am now paying for a service my family and I are unable to use.
Please can anyone help to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Yes me too and I'm really annoyed!!

Suggested posts