Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favorites and playlists deleted

Solved!

Favorites and playlists deleted

Hi, I am using a free account and am in Canada but spend time in the US. I almost exclusively use Spotify on a Google Pixel 2 phone. My issue is that I logged into Spotify once or twice on my HP laptop, and my account didn't sync up (no playlists or favorites) but I was only using it on my laptop for a short period of time so I didn't mind just searching for what I wanted to listen to and adding a couple songs to a playlist in order to remind myself to find them on my phone app. A couple days ago Spotify logged me out on my phone for some reason, and when I logged back in (I am sure that I logged into the same account, the only email address I've used) it reverted to the barren version that I had used on my laptop. I am so sad about this and am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is any way to get the good version of my account back. I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @user-removed,

It's very easy to create an account with Spotify and it happens sometimes that a user creates a second account because of this without even noticing.

The playlist shouldn't disappear, so it's very likely your music is somewhere else.

Could you please try a Password Reset with all the email addresses you might have ever owned, so you'll maybe find a hit 🙂

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Hope this helps!

LukeSpotify Star

As I said, I did not create a second account. I tried the steps you
suggested but I just get a message that says I have no playlists to
recover.
Marked as solution

Hey again @user-removed,

It's very easy to create an account with Spotify and it happens sometimes that a user creates a second account because of this without even noticing.

The playlist shouldn't disappear, so it's very likely your music is somewhere else.

Could you please try a Password Reset with all the email addresses you might have ever owned, so you'll maybe find a hit 🙂

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts