Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fed up with Spotify

Solved!

Fed up with Spotify

A month ago Spotify had problems with its software with the consequence that I was suddenly degraded from an Unlimited account to a free account. Obviously I`d paid my monthly dues but I was nonetheless cut off from Spotify for a number of days. Finally everything got sorted out  with the laconic remark that I`d created a second account on Facebook. I did nothing of the sort. Today Spotify, I presume, upgraded their software and down graded me to a free user again and I DID NOT create another account anywhere. The conclusion now is that I`m back to square one and Spotify still has a mess with its accounts and software and that I`m really pissed off with Spotify.

krisjan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I guess I`m gonna give up on Spotify and I`m gonna try out a different streamer. The chaos in their software can`t be worse.

good night

krisjan

View solution in original post

24 Replies

There is such a mess that I couldn`t even log in with my old user name of "krisjan". sigh,sigh,sigh

krisjan

Oh yeah, another thing, I wish Spotify would function as well as this silly ranking, which being totally irrelevant, ofcourse functions perfectly.

krisjan

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

Let's get this sorted for you. I've had a look on our system and your username account (krisjan) is looking good on our end - your subscription is intact and the connection to Facebook still exists. Are you seeing any errors when you attempt to log in using your Facebook e-mail address and password?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi Jamie,

I never log in with Facebook, in fact I don`t really use Facebook. I log in with my user name and password. The result is that I`ve been degraded to free and have to listen to these awful adverts.

krisjan

Hmmm, although your account is currently connected to Facebook but it's not necessary to log in with your FB information, logging in with your username and password should still do the trick.

Just as a test, could you try logging in with your FB info and let me know if you're still seeing a free account?

Follow me on Spotify.

What I`m trying to tell you is that I`ve never ever logged in with Facebook!! I don`t use Facebook and I don`t even know how to log in with Facebook.

krisjan

Hi,

Same problem i'm facing.

Degraded from Unlimited tot Spotify Free.

Paid euro 4,99 on oct. 03 . 

Love to hear from you,

regards,

jan

fuchsloch1a - Your account is connected to your Facebook on our system - this means that you must have made the connection at some point, possibly without realising. Although you haven't previously logged in like this, could you please give it a go and let us know if you reach the correct account.

vanrutte - The account that your Community information leads to was created in May of this year and has not previously had an active subscription. If this doesn't sound right then it's likely that you have multiple accounts on our system. Not to worry, our support team will be able to help with this. Just get in touch here and, when you receive an autoresponse, send another email in reply and one of our advisors will be back in touch.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi Jamie,

Last time I had problems I received this message and everything functioned perfectly until today till the update!

Hi krisjan,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I've checked your account, seems that you created a new one, something happened with the connection to Facebook on the old account, but no worries, you can
still log in to it via username, impossible to login via Facebook.

Please use these details to log in to your old Unlimited account:

Username: 116.......
Password for the account can be set here:

http://www.spotify.com/password-reset/NAo9CiUKDVNwb3RpZnktdXNlcnMSCjExNjI1NTE1NDAaA6gBASX4uU5SEhTQXa...

With these details it should work once again : )

If you have any further problems or questions don't hesitate to contact us again.

All the best,

Tomas

Anyway; it`s getting late and I have to be up early tomorrow. I`m gonna dring a good glass of wine and then hit the

sack.

Greetings

krisjan

Hi Jamie,

from the posting I got previously it seems impossible.

regards

krisjan

Hi Jamie

I`ve looked at my Facebook (FACEBOOK SUCKS) account and I`m pretty clueless as to how I can even log in.

krisjan

@user-removed wrote:

Today Spotify, I presume, upgraded their software and down graded me to a free user again and I DID NOT create another account anywhere. The conclusion now is that I`m back to square one and Spotify still has a mess with its accounts and software and that I`m really pissed off with Spotify.

krisjan

Hi there, 

We can help resolve this for you. First, let us emphasize you your account/payment details aren't connected to upgrading your Spotfy app. You should never worry about upgrading your app and having it affect your account. 

I believe the source of the confusion here is the details on the "Krisjan" account do not match the account linked to your Community details.

In order for us to help please confirm the exact username or email you are entering when signing in. Without knowing this we can't proceed.

Thanks

Hi Meredith

My username for logging into spotify is: 1162551540

I hope this helps

krisjan

Ok thanks! What's happened here is that account is no longer linked to Facebook and is therefore inactive. 

You've made a second, new account via your Facebook details. Again, "krisjan" is not your Spotify username. 

Please sign into Spotify with your Facebook email and password. If you are able to successfully log in let us know. We can then keep helping from there. 

Hi Merdith

I logged in with my Facebook email and password, but alas and sadly, I`m still a free member.

sad regards

krisjan

nope krisjan is just a name I used in the community

regards

krisjan

Marked as solution

I guess I`m gonna give up on Spotify and I`m gonna try out a different streamer. The chaos in their software can`t be worse.

good night

krisjan

The confusion here appears to be down to the Facebook integration. All of your accounts have been created through Facebook. What I would suggest is that we help get you set up properly with a non Facebook account in order to avoid any complications of this kind in the future. If that sounds good, please use our contact form, reply to this thread with your case # and we'll get started 🙂

Follow me on Spotify.

Hallo Jamie,

Thanx. everything`s been sorted out now.

greetings.

krisjan, fuchsloch1a

Suggested posts