Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Finding Other People not connected with Facebook

Solved!

Finding Other People not connected with Facebook

Been trying to figure out how to find my friends who are not connnected with Facebook. Cannot find a search for them. Even in regular search box. PLEASE HELP

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you know their username search "spotify:user:username" and they should come up

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

If you know their username search "spotify:user:username" and they should come up

same here.. i have the premium account

can do it easily on my phone but on the desktop version.. there is no option to find my friends and subscribe:(

OMG I LOVE YOU. Thank you so much!

I have a premium account and i am having trouble doing it from my phone as well.  Do you have an iPhone?  How do you search and add from there?

The username is case sesitive

i don't get it - where do i search: "spotify:user:username".  all that comes up for me under "follow" is a list of my facebook friends names.  i want to follow someone that's not a facebook friend.  i am beginning to think signing up under my facebook account was dumb.  may need to delete and start all over.  ??

You search for spotify:user:username in the main search box in the top left of the client. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ahhh, thanks so much, i feel like an idiot for not figuring that out!

Spoiler

Hard to believe Spotify makes us write "spotify:user:" in a search box on Spotfiy. Why wouldn't they encourage all users to connect; that's got to be more beneficial in the long run than being beholden to Facebook.  

I totally agree. We should be able to explore all public users. I want to be able to search by first and last names.

Suggested posts