Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fix artist name on spotify

Fix artist name on spotify

Hi, I have 3 albums on spotify with my band. We're verified artist and have page.

On a collaboration where we were a feature artist the person who uploaded the tracks to Spotify has accidentally put a space in our name where there shouldn't be.

Example(Fake Band Name):

Correct Band name is: WestCoast - We're verified with this and as mentioned have 3 releases

Mistaken submission is: West Coast

How do we notify Spotify to 1. Correct the name spacing and 2. Link that track onto our verified account? Not financially just in terms of searching. I'm happy to give the real band name but didn't want to do it publicly if no need.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @take2sean,

Spotify’s working to make it easier for you to report problems with your music. For now, you’ll need to reach out to your distributor or aggregator and they’ll work with the Spotify team to make sure your profile gets fixed.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

We've already done this but as we're a featured on the 2 tracks where the issue is we are not the uploaders. We have tried reaching out to the uploaders but it's proving difficult to find a solution. We are now fully verified with Spotify so it's just 2 tracks on two separate albums that are creating the alternate artist name. Is there nowhere via spotify we can attempt to amend this?

In the future, I'm sure they'll release some kind of tool to report problems with your music but right now they're still working on it and I have no ETA on when this is going to change.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts