Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgot password and no longer have access to email associated with the account

Forgot password and no longer have access to email associated with the account

I was recently logged out of my Spotify account and have forgotten my password. I no longer have access to the email associated with my account so I am unable to reset my password and therefore I have no access to my account. What can I do? I keep getting charged but am unable to use it. At this point I would like to be able to reset the password or even cancel the account and remake a new one. however I can’t seem to do anything without access to the email associated with the account. 

4 Replies

Hi @Murraypj,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

If you no longer have access to the email address associated with your Spotify account, I would recommend following the suggested steps in this FAQ article.

The FAQ article includes a link for contacting Customer Support, who can help you to update the email address for your Spotify account and reset your password.

If for any reason you’d then prefer to start over with a new Spotify account, you can feel free to cancel your Premium subscription for the existing account by following the steps in this support article:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium

You can then sign up for a new Spotify account here (you'll need to be logged out of your old account, or open the link in a private/incognito window).

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

My Spotify account disappeared when I tried to go to the app today. I tried to log back in but I forgot my password, so I went to the login option without the password, but it said that the account wasn't valid. And when I sent an email to log back in, it said that that the email had expired even though it gave me 4 hours to login. I am not the only one who has this problem. The same thing happened to my mother's account today, and she is facing the exact same problems.

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Can you try logging in without a password from a different device, to see if you notice any difference?

Also, to make sure that you’re logging in to the right Spotify account, you can double-check if you have more than one account by following the suggestions in this FAQ article.

Let me know how this goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No recuerdo el número de contacto ni la contraseña

Suggested posts