Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Solved!

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Hey Spotify,

Here's the situation: 

I have been a happy Spotify Premium customer for many months now. My computer's harddrive was replaced resulting in needing to reinstall Spotify. For the past week I have had Spotify working perfectly on my iPhone and signed in to my Premium account. Once I reinstalled Spotify onto my computer I could not remember my account password. I requested the password but have not recieved the email to reset it for many days. (It is not in a junk folder, I just haven't gotten it) Desperate to get it working, I signed in through Facebook. I think by doing this I have mistakenly opened a new account seperate from my old Spotify account. It does not have any of my playlists from my phone or any of my saved music on it. I thought if I signed up for Premium again on my computer account the info would be transfered from my iPhone. I think I stupidly signed up for two seperate Premium accounts and am now stuck paying for it on the account I cannot access because I lost the password and Spotify isn't responding to me. 

Why have I not receieved the email to reset my password? How do I access my account that isn't through FB? Can I cancel one of the accounts and get my money back for the Premium I have just mistakenly signed up for? (or could I put it towards a month in the future on the right account?)

Customer service has not responded to me so I hope to get answers from this. I wish Spotify has a customer service phone number.

PLEASE HELP! 

Thank you,

Sarah

67 Replies

i got a new iphone and trying to get the APP on my new phone.

asking for my password and i dont remember.

cant figure out hoe to get my password

I used the contact link, unfortunately it may be slightly difficult to solve my problem that way. I lost access to the email account I used when I made the account. It was with my old work email address. I left a new email address in the message, so hopefully spotify can help me close the loop. 😞

I reset my password in the app, but when trying to log back in I got incorrect username/password. Extremely frustrating! What's wrong? I got a wrong password message, how log does it take to update the pwd db?

Ive been having the same issue sorta. It just logged me out one day now i cant get back in. And i had to make another account yet my old one is charging me. Its duhds4 for the user name. But it says its wrong. It still works on my ps4 because i havent logged out yet. But id like to have my old account (duhds4) with premium on it and not my new one without the premium.

hi there we have a family premium account and a few days ago i open up my account and the subscription is now free so no longer able to listen to music. i've talked to my main holder and a premium familly account cost has come off and they still have it and they havent removed my account so i don't know whats up. username is duncy12 and email for that account is duncycameron7@gmail.com

thanks duncan

Hi am not getting the reset password email either, what's going on?

Hello Spotify,

I'm trying to reset my password so that I can update my email in my account info but the password reset hasn't arrived. I tried it twice, once with my email and once with my username and neither have worked. Please help me reset my password. 

Thanks

Same thing happened to me so I logged in via browser to confirm what email I registered with then clicked on  “sign out of all devices” got the password reset email straight away. 

Suggested posts