Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Four Strangers Are On My Family Plan!??!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

Four Strangers Are On My Family Plan!??!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

Okay, whoa whoa whoa now. I have FOUR strangers on my Premium Family plan. I have no idea how long theyve been on for, I just randomly checked now.

I have NEVER used this password with ANY other website, so I am very very curious how you can explain how these four strangers got my email and password? I know for a fact that no one got the information from hacking another website, you must have a security breach that gave out my info. Again, I use individual passwords for each account I make for anything so there's no way someone found this info elsewhere.

I'm really not happy. I have left the four strangers on my account temporarily while you look into this.

My password has been changed and once you have investigated I will log out of all devices.

I did have a few phishing attempts through spotify happen randomly over the past six months but I am not an **bleep** and never clicked on any of the emails. They were emails requesting a new payment method or some such nonsense.

3 Replies

I really, really don't think its okay that you don't provide email or live chat support (at least not in a way thats easy to find) and yet you won't respond to me?

I am really not impressed that you guys have clearly had a data leak and no one was made aware of it.

Again I have NEVER used this password anywhere else and I worked in fraud protection for a dating site, I did not fall for any phishing scams.

THESE STRANGERS NOW HAVE MY HOME ADDRESS! Not only do they have my password and login, they have my fricking home address!!!! This is a huge violation of my privacy....

Not ok.

Hey I just noticed 2 strangers on my plan as well.  Did you ever get a response from Spotify about this?

Hey there @

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this has happened to your.

I recommend removing the unknown users from the plan straight away. After that run through the steps in this Support Article in order to secure your account and make sure no one else has access to it. I would strongly recommend resetting your email and Facebook passwords as well, because those often get leaked together. It's also a good idea to run a virus and malware scan on your computer, to assure that there are no backdoors.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions and need more help.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts