Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Four years worth of saved music is gone.

Four years worth of saved music is gone.

I logged onto spotify today, after about a day of not using. I navigated to my saved songs and not one of my nearly 500 songs were there. However, about 50 songs, all in Spanish, had been added (3 Hours ago). All but two of my playlists were gone.

Was my account stolen? Hacked? Is there anything I can do to recover my 'Saved Music'?? I have already recovered my playlists via the button on my account page. But the 500 songs is what I really need to be replinished.

I have Spotify Premium.

Thank you for the help in advance.

2 Replies

Hey @russlile, welcome to the Spotify Community!

First, let's make sure you have control of your account back. Could you try a couple things and then let me know if it seems like someone else is still using your account?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi, thank yoj for the response. Once I noticed the issue I immediately changed my password in case of unauthorized access. I also signed out of 'everywhere'. 

I also just checked my apps and approved applications. The only two are Lithium and 'support.spotify.com'. Which I am beign told both are safe.

Suggested posts