Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fraudulent 9.99 EUR monthly debit

Solved!

Fraudulent 9.99 EUR monthly debit

I’ve been charged a monthly amount of 9.99 EUR since August 2017, but I don’t have a Premium account. I’ve been reading a few threads on this forum about what to do and decided to contact Spotify’s customer service via the contact form on their site. Here is what I wrote:

Hello,

I have been receiving a $9.99 charge to my debit card for the past four months, but I do not use and never have used Spotify Premium.
I would like the charges refunded and the fraudulent account I am being charged monthly on to be closed. I am not currently writing you from the fraudulent account since I didn't create it, so I am writing from a my regular free account.
My name is XXX, but I have no idea if the fraudulent account is under my name, or if whoever made the account I'm being charged for is using my card but a different name and other information.

I have entered all email addresses from myself and members of my family into your ‘reset password’ form, and the only accounts registered with Spotify are these (all free accounts):
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
My date of birth: xxx
Zip code: xxx
Last 4 digits of the credit card used: xxxx

I can provide you with the full number of the card if you can not identify the fraudulent account using the above information alone. Thank you.

I received an automated reply, suggesting to post my problem in this forum. Any help would be much appreciated.

Additional info: I used the card to upgrade my son's account to Premium from July to October 2017. His account is on Free since 10/2017. The charges made in reference to my son's account were debited at the beginning of each month, the fraudulent charges occur towards the end of each month.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @TD1234,

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you for the reply @

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @TD1234,

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Thank you for the reply @

The issue was solved by customer service, who responded very quickly to my email.

It turned out that my 16 year old son created an account with a spelling mistake in the email address. He wasn't aware of the miss- spelling and was therefore unable to access the account later. The account was a 3-month Premium trial, and when the trial experied the charges started. Shopify support was able to identify the account and closed it. The charges were credited back to my card.

Overall, I was impressed by the quick and helpful replies from customer service and satisfied with the measures they took to solve the problem.

Suggested posts