Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free 30 days & new subscription payment

Solved!

Free 30 days & new subscription payment

Hi there, I wanted to register for 30 free days and then use a Spotify gift card to pay for the following month.  But when I went to register it has used the gift card straight away for the first month and hasn't given the 30 day free trial - doesn't seem quite right.....  Can anyone advise how I can rectify this?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @emmalouise_100!

Unfortunately, the Terms of the gift card prevent you from using it for the discounted programs. The gift card serves as a set of "months" of spotify at the normal rate, not necessarily a monetary amount. Check out the T&Cs from Spotify (USA) below regarding gift cards:

Terms and conditions
By using this card/PIN, you accept the following conditions:

1. This card is redeemable for full price standalone Premium subscription months purchased directly from spotify.com only and cannot be redeemed for discounted or group subscriptions (more on eligibility at www.spotify.com/gift-card).
  2. This card cannot be redeemed for cash or credit and cannot be returned or resold (except where required by law).
  3. In order to redeem the PIN, you must have or register for a Spotify account and you must be 13+ and reside in the US to register.
  4. This is a single-use card: the full face-value for an individual account is deducted at redemption and no incremental redemption or credit is permitted.
  5. Spotify is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost, stolen, or fraudulently obtained cards or use without permission.
  6. Full Terms and Conditions governing Spotify gift cards are found at www.spotify.com/gift-card.
  7. The Spotify Service is governed by the Spotify Terms and Conditions, which can be found at www.spotify.com/legal/end-user-agreement.
  8. This card is provided by Spotify USA Inc.
  9. For assistance, see support.spotify.com

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @emmalouise_100!

Unfortunately, the Terms of the gift card prevent you from using it for the discounted programs. The gift card serves as a set of "months" of spotify at the normal rate, not necessarily a monetary amount. Check out the T&Cs from Spotify (USA) below regarding gift cards:

Terms and conditions
By using this card/PIN, you accept the following conditions:

1. This card is redeemable for full price standalone Premium subscription months purchased directly from spotify.com only and cannot be redeemed for discounted or group subscriptions (more on eligibility at www.spotify.com/gift-card).
  2. This card cannot be redeemed for cash or credit and cannot be returned or resold (except where required by law).
  3. In order to redeem the PIN, you must have or register for a Spotify account and you must be 13+ and reside in the US to register.
  4. This is a single-use card: the full face-value for an individual account is deducted at redemption and no incremental redemption or credit is permitted.
  5. Spotify is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost, stolen, or fraudulently obtained cards or use without permission.
  6. Full Terms and Conditions governing Spotify gift cards are found at www.spotify.com/gift-card.
  7. The Spotify Service is governed by the Spotify Terms and Conditions, which can be found at www.spotify.com/legal/end-user-agreement.
  8. This card is provided by Spotify USA Inc.
  9. For assistance, see support.spotify.com

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts