Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Trial cancellation before charge help.

Free Trial cancellation before charge help.

I've been reading the forum and a lot of people complain about canceling the Free Trial  before the 30 days ended and still get charged. My main concern is if the same will happen to me. Has the problem been corrected?

I just started this account a couple of days ago, so it's not like I used 29 days and then cancelled my account. I am genuinely not interested in using Spotify not because it sucks, but because whenever I create Playlists I tend to get sick of the music faster. I noted that Spotify told me that I will be charged on the day: 2013-8-16.  When I cancelled, it told me that my account would expire on that same date.

I smelled something fishy going on... Is Spotify letting people use the rest of the free trial JUST so they can charge them? I'm not interested in doing so. I just want to know whether or not I'll get charged. If I will, how can I prevent that? Thank you 🙂

1 Reply

Hey there, welcome to the Community.

I've taken a look and can confirm that you won't be charged. You cancelled your subscription and after your trial ends you'll drop back onto the Free service. Make the most of Premium! 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts