Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free account conflicting with premium account

Free account conflicting with premium account

I had a free facebook associated account cancelled by spotify in January, at my request.  It was causing issues at times (not always) when trying to login into my premium account.  I think because both accounts were using the same email address.  For some reason this free account is open again and I suspect causing me issues trying to access my premium account.  I just discovered today when trying to login to spotify.  

When I try accessing my premium account, a new password I created this past Monday does not work.  When I tried a reset and go to email to click reset link.....Everything is reverting to restting the password on the free account....that again, was closed in January but seems to be open again now.  

Any help is much appreciated.  

Thank you. 

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed.

To fully close a Spotify account, you just have to follow these steps. You'll receive an email confirmation to close it. This way, you'll avoid any future inconveniences.

To make sure you have the correct details for the Premium account, try following these suggestions. You'll find some ways to find your username from your device's cache there.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts