Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free account is set to the wrong country

Free account is set to the wrong country

I created my account when I lived in Canada. I have since moved to the US and I'm trying to join my family's account but it keeps saying my country is incorrect.

How can I reset the country on a free account?

My sister had a premium account back then and support was able to reset her account but since my account is free, I don't think I can access support directly. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Liam

2 Replies

Hello @au_scienceboy. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Hope you had a safe and successful move to the US! Not to worry about your Spotify account country - it's relatively painless to change your country.

Change your country settings

FREE ACCOUNTS

1. Log in to your account page on our website.
  2. Select EDIT PROFILE.
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: The dropdown list will only display the country of your current location.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

PREMIUM ACCOUNTS

Note: You’ll need a payment method with a billing address in the country you’d like to switch to.

1. Log in to your account page on our website.
  2. Select Subscription in the left panel.
  3. Click UPDATE DETAILS.
  4. Click ‘…’ for more options.
  5. Click Change Country and select the country you wish to move the account to.
  6. Select a payment method with a billing address in the new country.
  7. Confirm the change by clicking CHANGE PAYMENT DETAILS.
    The new payment method and country settings be in effect from your next payment date.

Note: Availability of music differs between countries.

Let us know if you're able to join your family's account OK after changing your country!

I have the same problem, but I cannot change the country. I signed on to spotify wen I as in Brazil on a business trip. Now Brazil is the only country available for me.

How else can I change it?

I need it to be Germany...

Suggested posts