Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free trials

Solved!

Free trials

I would like to know if you have already completed a 3 month free trial for normal Spotify premium, will you also be able to get a 3 month free trial for spotify family if you decide to join. Also if the answer is no, will you not get another free trial, and how will it effect the other members of the family. Like will the free trail be unavailable for every member even if the other members have not gotten any free trials before? Will the master of the account just have to pay from the beginning with no free trial?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Timi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

If you've completed a 3-month trial for Premium Individual, you won't be able to get the trial again with Premium Family or Premium Student. There is some more info in the Terms here.

Since the plan owner is the one responsible for the payment for Premium Family, the members on that plan don't have to worry about the trial.

Yes, that is correct. The owner of the plan is the one who will be paying for Premium Family each month until canceled. There is some more info on Premium Family here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Timi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

If you've completed a 3-month trial for Premium Individual, you won't be able to get the trial again with Premium Family or Premium Student. There is some more info in the Terms here.

Since the plan owner is the one responsible for the payment for Premium Family, the members on that plan don't have to worry about the trial.

Yes, that is correct. The owner of the plan is the one who will be paying for Premium Family each month until canceled. There is some more info on Premium Family here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks!

hello! would like to clarify with your answer. if the main account holder has not used their free premium trial before, but under the family there is a member who has gotten the free trial before, is it still possible for the entire family to enjoy the free trial under premium family? will that one person affect the eligibility of the main account in getting free premium trial?

Hello @jys_,

Welcome to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation 🙂

If you have never tested Premium or paid for Premium on another account, you can sign up for our trial offer and explore all Premium Family features at no cost.

Any family member living under the same roof as you can join the plan, no matter if they had used Premium before or not. Their subscription status will have no effect on your eligibility for the free trial.

For more info on how Premium Family works, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Happy listening 🎶

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts