Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

French music on an American account

Solved!

French music on an American account

Hey all,

I am French but I study in the U.S. so I have an American student account. However, there are some French artist that I want to listen to that are not listed on the American Spotify. What can I do to access these songs?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @that_leo,

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify, but some artists and tracks are available in one country and not in another.

Reasons for this vary: Agreements with artists or labels may be ongoing or can’t be reached, or ownership of rights can change hands.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find something you’re looking for now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @that_leo,

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify, but some artists and tracks are available in one country and not in another.

Reasons for this vary: Agreements with artists or labels may be ongoing or can’t be reached, or ownership of rights can change hands.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find something you’re looking for now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can try to use a vpn which can bounce your ip address from wherever you are to france. This makes it look like you are in france where you can access your favorite songs.  I use tunnel bear because its free for the first 500 mb a month. Hope this helps

Suggested posts