Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

French speaking in Belgium

French speaking in Belgium

Hello Spotify.

I'm an early adapter and I believe I became a paid member since early 2012. I am just upset to receive every update, emails,  news and suggestions in Flemish.

English or French is OK but for 6 years now, everything in Flemish is just enough.

All my setting are in French, I don't have anything against Flanders, I'd like you to respect the fact that in Belgium we have 3 national languages: Flemish, French and German.  Business-wise, there are thousands of expats in Belgium that speak English and have a residence in Brussels, I'm sure they'll enjoy to get everything in English.

I have tried all the setting (English and French) but living in Belgium and probably because you have your subsidiary in Antwerp force all of us to "eat" Flemish.

In my profile, I unchecked all your emails and notifications. 

If I could I would subscribe in France, but as you enforce IP localisation I can't.

After 6 years enjoying Spotify as a paid member, I will kiss you goodbye in a near future if I don't have a solution to fix this.

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium  

2 Replies

Hey @ahuart.

We understand you. However, keep in mind that the language settings of your emails and notifications are based on your geographical location. We'll make sure to pass your feedback onto the right team.

Any other questions, just let us know 🙂  

if its based on location, it should be french with nl and de as options...

Suggested posts