Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fresh start

Fresh start

Hi

I would like to delete all data associated with my Spotify account, I have a few very personal reasons for this (divorce from a very bad marriage.) I dont want to have to create a new account if I can help it.

The main aim of this is to reset the suggestions/history machine learning that Spotify thinks I like so that I can have a fresh start at an account, I can manually delete my play lists or if they get removed in the process that is a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

4 Replies

Hey @guitaristanime, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can remove playlists and saved content on your account but if you want to start fresh (ex. start fresh with recommendations and playlists or songs tailored to what you listen to), then you would need to start fresh. There are more information and steps here on how to transfer content from one account to another. 

I hope this helps but if you need more help, just let me know! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. This isn't really so much of a solution though as it is a workaround. I was hoping that I wouldn't lose access to my original account as I've subscribed since Spotify was beta and have a single username account which are no longer available.

I'll give this some thought but I do think this is a bit of an oversight in the app and a shame that I will essentially have to time this with cancelling my sub etc

Hey @guitaristanime,

Alright. There isn't an official way to start fresh on an existing account, so a new account would be best suitable in this case, and you can transfer content from the other account following these steps if you choose to start with a new account. 

If this is something you would like to see change or be added in the future, you can create a new Idea about this here, and I thank you for your feedback.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify, you should look at it another way. For example I have purchased an Amazon music account just to try to get a fresh start at the learning algorithms. Actually get new suggestions. So the idea that this person brought up about being able to hit a reset, may save you subscribers. You really should consider submitting an idea yourself if you are an employee of a company that you wish to have great products. Don’t put it on us. That’s why we posted it here to say we want that feature. Get it done guys, it is not that hard

Suggested posts