Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed failed to load

Friend Feed failed to load

Since about one week now my friend feed won't load. The right sidebar shows "Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load." followed by a button labeled "TRY AGAIN".

What I tried:

I already tried to disable the right sidebar and re-enable it, I also tried to switch to offline mode and go back online to reload the friend feed, no success.

I wanted to check if the problem has something to do with my client (currently version o1.0.79.227.g00492af0 running on my Windows 7 desktop pc) so I logged off with my account and logged in with a friends account, the friend feed showed up correctly. Back with my account, it failed to load again.

I logged in with my account on some other pcs in different networks, tried it on windows and linux desktops (thats also why I didn't post this thread into the windows category bc it also occurs in linux) and my friend feed always fails to load even though the friend feed of other accounts works perfectly on those systems.

All this led me to the conclusion that it's not a problem with my client but with my account.

30 Replies

Thank you man, it works!

For some reason i couldnt run it as administrator nor could i save the file after editing it.

Thanks for your answer man!

I checked my hosts file but sadly there isn't any domain related to Spotify in it so that fix didn't work for me.

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!
step 1: go into system32
step 2: go into drivers
step 3: go into etc 
step 4: edit both the hosts documents as a text document
 step 5:remove all lines with spotify (only spotify)
 SAVE! and DONE! You are welcome now you can stalk your friends! 😄

message me if you want: *snip*
these.PNG

Hi everyone!

I am experiencing the same issue on 2 android devices (A8 and S8 running Android 9) and a MacBook pro running the latest Osx version.

Is there an update about the issue?

Thank you.

@_ktg-yjm5t99 FYI. I'm sorry but the text file is only a backup of your host file (that's why extension .BCK was added). So any changes you apply in there is not really usefull, since nothing looks at that file

Hi all, I think I found a fix to this problem.

What I did was I simply deleted the Windows hosts file. The hosts file can be found in the directory c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\ (Image Attached). After deletion, the hosts file will reappear with the original commands that came with the device. This basically resets all your hostnames and your IP address redirection settings and should hence allow Spotify to contact the respective friend server without an issue. Note; this will not harm your pc in any way. 

The most likely cause of this issue is that you may have added some additional text to the host file or that there has been some software that has. This may have interfered with the servers that Spotify contacts to receive information about your friend feed.

If you know that you have made any customisations to the hosts file then I suggest you backup the hosts file to your desktop. Then after deleting the hosts file, you can add your customisations back to determine the section of text interfering with the Spotify friend servers. If you do not recall making any modifications to the file then just ignore this last part and delete the hosts file. 

I know how annoying this problem is, and I hope this solves the problem.

Thanks 

Host File Image.PNG

I've found the issue causing me not to see my friends in the feed:

in https://www.spotify.com/us/account/privacy/ the option Process my Facebook data has to be enabled.

Cheers,

G. 

I have already fixed it before you sent this to me m8. get good
I found that solution before you.
thanks anyway.

😬

It would have been awesome if you shared it earier: sharing is caring, mate 🙂

All good btw 🙂

It worked.

tnx for the help i really appreciate it.

Suggested posts