Friend Feed failed to load

Highlighted

Re: Friend Feed failed to load

Casual Listener

Thank you man, it works!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

For some reason i couldnt run it as administrator nor could i save the file after editing it.

Thanks for your answer man!

Highlighted

Music Fan

I checked my hosts file but sadly there isn't any domain related to Spotify in it so that fix didn't work for me.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
SOLUTION!!!!!!!!
step 1: go into system32
step 2: go into drivers
step 3: go into etc 
step 4: edit both the hosts documents as a text document
 step 5:remove all lines with spotify (only spotify)
 SAVE! and DONE! You are welcome now you can stalk your friends! 😄

message me if you want: *snip*
these.PNG
Highlighted

Regular

Hi everyone!

I am experiencing the same issue on 2 android devices (A8 and S8 running Android 9) and a MacBook pro running the latest Osx version.

Is there an update about the issue?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@_ktg-yjm5t99 FYI. I'm sorry but the text file is only a backup of your host file (that's why extension .BCK was added). So any changes you apply in there is not really usefull, since nothing looks at that file

Highlighted

Hi all, I think I found a fix to this problem.

What I did was I simply deleted the Windows hosts file. The hosts file can be found in the directory c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\ (Image Attached). After deletion, the hosts file will reappear with the original commands that came with the device. This basically resets all your hostnames and your IP address redirection settings and should hence allow Spotify to contact the respective friend server without an issue. Note; this will not harm your pc in any way. 

The most likely cause of this issue is that you may have added some additional text to the host file or that there has been some software that has. This may have interfered with the servers that Spotify contacts to receive information about your friend feed.

If you know that you have made any customisations to the hosts file then I suggest you backup the hosts file to your desktop. Then after deleting the hosts file, you can add your customisations back to determine the section of text interfering with the Spotify friend servers. If you do not recall making any modifications to the file then just ignore this last part and delete the hosts file. 

I know how annoying this problem is, and I hope this solves the problem.

Thanks 

Host File Image.PNG
Highlighted

Regular

I've found the issue causing me not to see my friends in the feed:

in https://www.spotify.com/us/account/privacy/ the option Process my Facebook data has to be enabled.

Cheers,

G. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I have already fixed it before you sent this to me m8. get good
I found that solution before you.
thanks anyway.

😬
Highlighted

Regular