Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed stopped working on multiple platforms

Solved!

Friend Feed stopped working on multiple platforms

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro Late 2011, custom built PC

Operating System

MacOS 10.13.5, Windows 10 1803

My Question or Issue

The friend feed has stopped working for me since early yesterday on all relevant platforms, throwing me the error: "Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load." I've reinstalled the app on both platforms and used them on different internet connections.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks, but I've already tried each of those steps multiple times to no avail. EDIT: whiped one PC and reinstalled spotify, now it works!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @pinseeker75, thanks for writing!

In this case, our best suggestion would be to reinstall the app with the steps you'll find here. This will give the app a fresh start and you should be able to see your Facebook friends on Spotify.

Keep in mind that your Spotify account must be connected to Facebook to view your friends in this list. If you’re still unable to find your friends, you might need to update your Facebook settings. Here’s how:

1. On our desktop app, go to Facebook and select Settings on the dropdown in the top-right.
  2. Select Apps, then Spotify.
  3. Make sure your Friends list is ticked. If it is, try un-ticking and ticking it again.

In case this doesn't work, you may need to log out and back in to renew Spotify’s access to your Facebook data.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Marked as solution

Thanks, but I've already tried each of those steps multiple times to no avail. EDIT: whiped one PC and reinstalled spotify, now it works!

Hey @pinseeker75.

It's great to have you back on track!

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts