Free

Country

Belgium

Device

Any laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm currently exploring Spotify, I'm making playlist to share amongs my wife, but at some point it stopped being possible to find my profile/account anymore on spotify. 

4 Replies

Hey @y-2jlyl8w_f8j,

Other users should be able to look up your profile by entering spotify:user:(USERNAME) into search. Just replace (USERNAME) with your actual account's username.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spoiler
When typing "Firstname Lastname" I was always visible in spotify, but since a couple of weeks ago only others users with the same name appear. I have a Facebook account so my Facebook name is my account name I guess, and it always worked like this. 

I understand that, but there can be many users with the same display name or Facebook name, and the search results may vary based on activity, popularity, and other factors.

If your wife's account is connected to Facebook and you are friends there, she should be able to find you much easier.

If you're not friends with her on Facebook, it's best if your wife follows you.

The easiest way to do this is to share your profile by doing the following:

1. Go to your profile page on the app 
  2. Hit the 3 dots, and choose 'share'.
  3. Choose one of the alternatives to share your profile with your wife so she can find you from her app.
    You can, for instance, choose "Copy Spotify URI", paste it in a message to her, and then she can paste the URI to her app's search bar.
  4. Now she needs to click on 'Follow' and then she'll be able to find him on the search bar. 

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, I found a work-around, I looked up my userid on my wife's smartphone, since then she can find me again. I also made a shortcut to my profile page (web browser) page. From there on she can open my playlists in spotify. 

Suggested posts