Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends Feed showing not my friends. Probably Nickname bug

Solved!

Friends Feed showing not my friends. Probably Nickname bug

Hello,

From few months now I'm having a problem with my friends feed. I'm following about 50 people but I can't see them. I see only 2 people and to be more funny I don't know them and don't follow these people. I thought it was random people because of friends feed problem or something. But it last from very long time so it starts to iritate me. I noticed that when I unfollow and then follow someone from my followings list, he or she appear on my friend feed but only till I close App on PC. I did multiple disconnect and connect to my FB account, reinstall many times my app but nothing changed.
I think I found a solution, or rather cause.I did a little research today, went on profile from friends feed and noticed that this person has in followers section someone with almost the same nickname as mine. My username on Spotify is gripman#95. Person from followers is just gripman. So I opened this account profile and noticed that he is following the second person from friends feed which is showing up to me.
So it must be something wrong with connecting accounts to friends feed. It connected me to friends feed of other person because of similarities in ours nicknames.

Screenshot in attachement as an evidence. You can see that accouts which are showing in my friends feed are not followed by me.

friends feed problem.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @grip95! Please try again now by restarting your client!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. The friend list will only show your friends if,

- they have activity sharing enabled via settings,
- they’re listening something.

Most likely their activity sharing option is disabled, so they’re not sharing what they’re listening. If you want to see what they’re listening, tell them to enable that option.

Cheers.

Hey,
Thanks for response but you didn't understand me. I don't need copy/paste info about rules of showing friends activity. I know it. The problem is not solved. You probably didn't even looked at screenshot from attachement after reading my previous post but nevermind. I changed language, and took another better screenshots. I added some notes on it. I think that only one look at those new screenshot will show the main reason why I wrote previous post. As I wrote earlier my friends feed is showing me not my friends but someone else who has very similar nickname to mine. His nickname is gripman. My nickname is almost the same. It is a little bit longer - gripman#95. This is why I wrote here.

spotify2.png
spotify.png

Hey @grip95.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Marked as solution

Hi @grip95! Please try again now by restarting your client!

Thank you! It works fine now 🙂

Suggested posts