Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Frustrated - reset password not taking

Solved!

Frustrated - reset password not taking

I've gone around and around on this a couple times.  Go to login, put in the info, it doesn't recognize, request password reset, do that, try again. Repeat.  I can log into the site, but not into the program.  Even went into my profile and changed my password there, but nada.  Uninstalled the program, nada.  Restarted computer, nada.

Argh.  There are clothes to be folded and that can only be done listening to music.  I may have to use Pandora or go without clothes.  The former seems the better choice.

42 Replies

Dear Moderato(s) I too have just upgraded to a premium account and lost all my contacts info, history and Play qeue and desktop client apps.

I have followed the Mac version of clean install.

whats going on?

@EmGrover wrote:

I've received half a dozen or so of the reset email passwords, and nothing is working. I accidenitally disconnected my Facebook from Spotify, Spoitfy kicked me out, now I do not have access to my Premium Account. I can sign in through Facebook, but it's a new account, not my premium account. My Premium account username is EmGrover, but it won't let me login.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you describe why the password reset emails aren't working? Does your password not reset?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@shawnkhoury wrote:

Dear Moderato(s) I too have just upgraded to a premium account and lost all my contacts info, history and Play qeue and desktop client apps.

I have followed the Mac version of clean install.

whats going on?

Hey 🙂 

It sounds like you have signed into a duplicate account, try the steps outlined here.

Peter

Peter

i just recently upgraded to the new desktp client and there is no "social networking tab" to disconnect from.

@shawnkhoury wrote:

i just recently upgraded to the new desktp client and there is no "social networking tab" to disconnect from.

If you can't see the social networking tab, it means you are logged into Spotify using a Facebook account, rather than a Spotify account. When you registered for Spotify, did you get a unique Spotify username?

Peter

Peter

yes. ....and when i attempted to log back into the account I realized I forgot my password. So I attempted to reset my password through the web and was sent an email with hyperlink to the spotify.com page. When I clicked the link I recieved no prompt to reset password, rather I got a ambigious message about "how it took this long"

@shawnkhoury wrote:

yes. ....and when i attempted to log back into the account I realized I forgot my password. So I attempted to reset my password through the web and was sent an email with hyperlink to the spotify.com page. When I clicked the link I recieved no prompt to reset password, rather I got a ambigious message about "how it took this long"

Ah okay, I will escalate this to the Spotify team, it looks like a website issue.

Peter

Peter

thank you peter.  It's weird though. It appears that the accounts are in some looped association to each other. I even was given a case # to my earlier inquiry 

question. so

I luckily just remembered one of my passwords. Ironically it's the password to the spotify account. And the facebook account is the one with my premium upgrade.

what do I do? how can I merge these two?

@shawnkhoury wrote:

question. so

I luckily just remembered one of my passwords. Ironically it's the password to the spotify account. And the facebook account is the one with my premium upgrade.

what do I do? how can I merge these two?

You will need a little bit of Spotify team magic to get those merged. Drop them an email using the online contact form and they will be able to get that sorted for you. Don't try and merge them yourself, you will probably end up loosing access to the premium since the Facebook account would get lost in the merge.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter.  I just now sent them an inquiry. Just got my case #.

Hi, I just made a new spotify account last week, and I wanted to log on today but it says that my password is incorrect. So I pressed forgot password and they sent me an e-mail to reset my password but the email reads "You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you received again to continue".So I sent an e-mail to customer service, but they have not replied yet. I have tried several times using the link, and trying again but it still doesn't work! This is very frustrating.Can anyone help me please?!? My username is: Sadighim 

Hi there, I'm having the same issue! I am able to login to the programme but not my spotify account. I've reset my password twice but am not getting any responses. Help please! Need my music during work 🙂 

@Nayani - your Spotify Premium account was created using your Facebook details so it'll always be your Facebook details you use to login. If you've forgotten your Facebook password, head here to reset it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

All sorted now. Thank you very much 🙂 

Hello Sam et al,

I'm trying to reset my password, as I've been using Spotify on my computer so long - where the password is saved - that I can't remember it...And I want to upgrade to Premium to use on my phone!

It's supposed to have emailed me twice with the reset link now, but just isn't - I've checked Junk, and it's not there either.

Can you or one of your comrades shed any light on this please?

Thanks,

Caleb

@calebparkin wrote:

Hello Sam et al,

I'm trying to reset my password, as I've been using Spotify on my computer so long - where the password is saved - that I can't remember it...And I want to upgrade to Premium to use on my phone!

It's supposed to have emailed me twice with the reset link now, but just isn't - I've checked Junk, and it's not there either.

Can you or one of your comrades shed any light on this please?

Thanks,

Caleb

The customer services team can help you get that reset manually if you drop them an email here. Unfortunately it requires a little too many personal/private account details to do here on the community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I'm also having trouble with my password, simply I don't remember it.

I bought a new phone and it comes with Spotify Premium. All I need to do is to fill out a simple form at my phone suppliers webpage. I have to add my phone number and Spotify password.

However, I don't know my password to Spotify. I've tried to reset it without any luck, and I've tried to search for answers so for no luck. I've always just logged on via Facebook, but this won't help me.

I really need that password, anyone with some good advise to how to get it?

Cheers

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to help you reset that password manually. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you very much, Peter.

Time to start listening to some Guns N' Roses when I'm on the fly 🙂

Cheers.

Suggested posts