Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Funky facebook log in problem

Solved!

Funky facebook log in problem

This is my friend's account that I'm using for the post. 

For the past few week I have been trying and failing to log in to my own account ( which was created through facebook ), I've also changed my facebook password but still no luck with both the ''Log in with Facebook'' tab and just typing in the CORRECT credentials in the log in section. Though at the same time I can see the Spotify app in my facebook page, and I can even see my own spotify user id.

My facebook email is [snip - email]. Spotify User ID #721413837

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try instead of using the "log in with fb" button to enter your credentials in the section underneath on Spotify (you basically log in with the same username/password info you would if you pressed the fb one as if you logged with an account on Spotify).
Tell me if this helped!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey,

I had the same issue but I found an workaround:

1. Go to Spotify.com and login with Facebook Login (this works for some reason)

2. Click on "Create a device password" in the menu on the left

3. Create a new password for a mobile device

4. Use the username provided on that page (some really long number) and the password you just created in your Spotify app of choice

5. You should be able to login

Hope that helps some of you.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

I got the same issue and got no reply at all!!

This makes me REALLY ANGRY!!!!

Software is great, but servic sucks!!!!

I want to cancel my member but I can't do it because I can't logon.

This wastes money. I will contact my credit card company to block payment from spotify or I will stop the credit card

That's really unfortunate... I was actually thinking about getting the premium as well.. But I could even log into my account... Let's hope that the spotify officials or someone would have an answer to our problem... it's bizarre how things are going right now

yea ... i just paid again and cant log in on my pc ... funny i can on my phone ... but every time i try to log in on my desktop it fails ... think ill be canceling my subscription after this month ... wish i could get my money back

Marked as solution

Try instead of using the "log in with fb" button to enter your credentials in the section underneath on Spotify (you basically log in with the same username/password info you would if you pressed the fb one as if you logged with an account on Spotify).
Tell me if this helped!
K

I've tried a couple times, and it still doesn't work. So i assume that it has something to do with the connection between facebook and spotify, that maybe spotify have an outdated Facebook credentials of mine... Thank you for the reply though

I guess not only this reason.
When I tried to reset my password, system told me it's not a valid email account. I guess there is something wrong with the data sync.
This really sucks!!
They have so many users and they don't have any plan to avoid this kind of situation nor plan to solve this.

Let's hope that it won't take another 100 victims to make them do something... I'm really frustrated by the fact that to them this doesn't seems to be something that needed to be fixed, PLEASE SOMEONE FROM SPOTIFY RESPOND TO THIS..

Still no one replies. I'm impressed.

Marked as solution

Hey,

I had the same issue but I found an workaround:

1. Go to Spotify.com and login with Facebook Login (this works for some reason)

2. Click on "Create a device password" in the menu on the left

3. Create a new password for a mobile device

4. Use the username provided on that page (some really long number) and the password you just created in your Spotify app of choice

5. You should be able to login

Hope that helps some of you.

@CCCHOU
Be patient, there are a lot of issues to solve their way through...

Plus this is a community of volunteers mostly, not official spotify staff. Since it's a recurrent issue though I suppose they have taken notice of it though.

Have you solved it in the meantime or it still an issue?
If it persists, follow the instructions here: https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/

If it can solve this issue, we won't be angry

fail in step 1 and can't go on

Hi Kate and VMSB, thank you so much for the positive reply. I've tried what VMSB had mentioned but still no luck. I couldn't log in with the website as well, I guess it really is about the synchronization between facebook and Spotify's database

@CCCHOU

You're welcome!

Does the same thing happen in other browsers? Can you check?

Also, you can log on your fb account with no problems or is it stuck as well?

@ZeroAtk
Being angry doesn't help solving a problem.
Have you tried to log in from another browser?

Hey,

have you tried to clear all cockies in your browser and deactivate any adblocker when login to spotify.com since most Adblocker block also the Facebook Login add-in?

I've checked with different computer and different browser, and it doesn't seems to be helping, and yes I can log in with the exact same credentials but spotify still says that I have the wrong one.... LOL

I did that just now, but still no go...

Here's what happen last time I try,  I sign in, it says I have the wrong credentials; I click sign in with facebook, it says I dont have a facebook account connected; but when I try to re-sign up with facebook, it says email already exsist; yet when I click forgot password, it says the email addrerss is associated with a facebook account and I should change the password on facebook's end instead. I'm getting more and more confused now. 

Suggested posts