Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Funky facebook log in problem

Solved!

Funky facebook log in problem

This is my friend's account that I'm using for the post. 

For the past few week I have been trying and failing to log in to my own account ( which was created through facebook ), I've also changed my facebook password but still no luck with both the ''Log in with Facebook'' tab and just typing in the CORRECT credentials in the log in section. Though at the same time I can see the Spotify app in my facebook page, and I can even see my own spotify user id.

My facebook email is [snip - email]. Spotify User ID #721413837

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

35 Replies

I have this problem in my Android phone, iPad Air2 and windows PC.

I tried almost everything you replied and I found in other topic, and I sent help to official customer last week.

1. Clear cookie or change browser => Doesn't work
2. Log in on spotify.com => Doesn't work
3. Reset password => System tells me that my email is not registered, but they charged
4. Change location to log in different server => Doesn't work.
5. I can log in in Help page and log in community, but I can't check my account status nor profile.

What else?
There MUST be something with there data!! Last week, I logged out by the server not myself. Then I can't login anymore.

I don't know why I need to debug their program.

Any my sister can't log on her iPhone either.
I am using family package.

@CCCHOU
The last thing I can think of to do is to go to your facebook account> your apps (app center)> find spotify and delete it from there. Try logging in again after a while on spotify, it'll ask your permission again and after you give it see how it works.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I've tried many times before you post, and no luck.

Hey,

did your Facebook account got locked with the request to change your name to your real name? There was a huge batch of accounts locked because of violation of the real name policy at Facebook a bit more than a week ago.

But you didn't change it right away after clicking thats not my real name? Than change it now since it seems

they have a Third Party App Login lock until you change your facebook name accordingly. Was the case for me at least.

It's too complex.
Since Spotify provides facebook login, when facebook change policy, they have to modify their program.
If I am a free member, I won't complain. Since I paid, they have to help me to solve this issue. I did contact to their service team last Wednesday and got no reply.

Facebook did not change their policy but many people using fake names in their Facebook Profile (for various reasons).

This is not allowed according to Facebook EULA since they explicitly ask for using your real name / identity in profiles.  Thats why Facebook regulary locks accounts from user were the name seems suspicious and demand proof for that the name used is the correct one. Until this is resolved by changing your facebook name or send proof that it is really your name Facebook locks also third party authentication. 

But it seems that is not the case for you. 🙂 

My facebook account is not locked so that it's not the reason.

Hey everyone, if you're still having trouble your log in details please get in touch with us via the contact form

From their our teams can help sort this out. Thanks!

I did! But when your customer service will reply?

I sent last week

Spotify has good service but very WEAK customer service!!!

I am tired of this. I will send cancellation request by contact form. If your customer still hides, that's fine. I can just cancel my credit card.

Hi thank you for replying. I've actually tried contacting you guys serval times but there is no response ever since. Is there maybe a better way for us to reach the customer service team? How should we proceed from here?

Your issues are still unresolved??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Login issue is unsolved.
But customer service helped to cancel premium.

I just want to leave one more reply, I've sent in 2 contact form under the email address ***** once from last month and one from this month, still none of anyone from spotify had broken the dead log. I assume that this issue would be left unfixed permanently. I wished for a more pleasing customer experience, and I do hope that this issue would be fixed at any point in the future

You have to choose you want to cancel premium and they will reply you soon.
I sent 3 contact form and first 2 which I choose I can't login are ignored. When I sent 3rd contact, I choose I want to cancel premium and I got reply the following day.
My problem is solved. It's because of my credit card issue and they lock my account. I don't like this. They should contact me first and the app should provide this information instead of telling my password is wring.

Suggested posts