Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Furious due to 4 times overcharging on subscription!

Solved!

Furious due to 4 times overcharging on subscription!

I am on an NUS Extra discounted Spotify Premium £4.99 per month subscription. In the past two days, Spotify has billed my PayPal account for 2 lots of £9.99. I have emailed two different support email addresses, and opened a support ticket. I got no replies at all until opening a PayPal dispute. I emailed Spotify to tell them I have opened the dispute and (funnily enough) got an instant response asking for my Spotify account name and NUS number. I gave my details yesterday to Spotify and I've been charged a further £9.99 today!! This is totally unacceptable Spotify. Being a student I am short on cash, hence I have bought an NUS extra card just to get Spotify. So far, two days of the service has cost me £12 NUS card + £9.99 + a further unauthorised £9.99! It's supposed to be £4.99 a month, and I've lost £32 on this service. Please refund my money ASAP. I have revoked Spotify from my PayPal account, so you cannot withdraw anymore money until this is resolved!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done with this issue on the community. If you have already opened a case with the customer service team, then you will need to resolve it in the private domain of email with them. Don't worry, they won't let you be out of pocket 😉 

Best of luck,

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done with this issue on the community. If you have already opened a case with the customer service team, then you will need to resolve it in the private domain of email with them. Don't worry, they won't let you be out of pocket 😉 

Best of luck,

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts