Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting a REFUND after switching accounts

Getting a REFUND after switching accounts

I paid the 99 cents for the 3 month period with the plans of switching to the $4.99 student discount by the end. I saw that Spotify charged me $9.99, so I quickly switched it to the student account, but I haven't gotten a refund for the extra $5. Will I get a refund? 

3 Replies

Hey @cariberries and welcome to the community,

You'll need to contact Spotify Support about this one! 

Cheers,

Tim

I paid the .99 cents for the 3 month period & planned to switch to the student discount once the trial ended. Spotify charged me $9.99 after 3 months & when I changed it to the student discount, I didn't get the balance returned to my account.

Please help. College students are broke and every dollar counts.

Hey @cariberries,

As I said, I’m afraid that we can’t help you with refunds here in the Community.

You’ll need to get in touch with the great folks over at the Spotify Support Team directly about getting a refund! You can shoot them a message through this page. Make sure to select the correct reason from the menu 🙂

You should receive back an email from Spotify Support with the subject line “Spotify Case #” followed by a string of numbers. If you receive a reply directing you to the community, send a reply email to that address regardless of if it’s no-reply 🙂

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else!

Cheers,
Tim

Suggested posts