Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting commercial adds while I am on premium plan

Getting commercial adds while I am on premium plan

Plan  Premium Individual

Country Australia

Device iPhone X, and Laptop

Operating System  iOS 15 on my iPhone and Windows 10 on my laptop

My Question or Issue

On multiple occasions, commercial adds are played while I am listening to songs on Spotify, or an add pop up window appears in Spotify on my iPhone. I am on Premium Individual plan, with direct debit payments. None of regular payments are missed or delayed. 

5 Replies

Hello @TinaSh!

Can you let me know which plan shows when you log into your Spotify account page? Make sure to log in using the same account you're using in your Spotify app.

Keep me posted!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Jose_M

I have only one Spotify account and my plan showing on my account is  Premium Individual.

Hey @TinaSh!

Do you experience the same behavior when logged in to another device (your laptop for example) or on the Web Player? It's worth logging out and signing back in on your iPhone with your email address/password to ensure you're logged in to the correct account.

You can also check your subscription's status in the app's Settings. If it shows Free, you might be logged in to another Free account instead. You can find out more info on this here.

Could you let us know if you get ads while listening to music or podcasts (that contain music)? Note that while Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Yordan

I only listen to music on Spotify (not podcasts). I see the same behavior on my iPhone (Spotify app) and on my laptop (Web browser). I only have one account with Spotify and I use that on both iPhone app and Web browser. The plan on my app on iPhone shows 'Premium Individual', so is on web browser. 
I will log out and log in again on both devices and see how it goes. I will let you know. Thanks for the advice,

Cheers.

Hi @Yordan,

I have logged out and logged back in last week and have not seen any pop up ads on my iPhone. Also I noticed that as you mentioned, there was a ads within the episode of music that I was listening to on my Spotify. Thank you for your suggestions.  Cheers. 

Suggested posts