Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting "Still sharing your premium account with family?" when I'm the only user

Getting "Still sharing your premium account with family?" when I'm the only user

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Every once in a while when opening Spotify on the phone I get a blue box saying something like "Still sharing your premium account with family? Consider upgrading to the Family plan." Is this triggered by specific usage patterns that would indicate account sharing, or is it just a marketing campaign?

For the record, I am the only person using this account. I don't believe my account has been hacked, I recognize all entries in the listening history and never had any interference with playing selected music. I am logged in on a few devices for convenience. Not so long ago I even changed the password and forced logout on all devices.

3 Replies

1. Same. I’m the only user. Not hacked. It is a bit annoying tbh.

Hey @AdSR and @denix5

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if you still continue to see this pop-up after a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system.

If you get the message after a clean reinstall, send us a screenshot of how it looks on your end. You can attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This will help us take a closer look at what's happening. 

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply. 

Recently I haven't seen this message, with no action on my part. Will keep you posted if the message returns.

Suggested posts