Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I listen to podcasts I get these weird ads. They're all the same for specific podcasts from the same artists, too. One of them has this weird Italian (what I assume to be a) radio ad of some sort, and another one has Dutch ads. This is only happening with podcasts right now, not songs as far as I've been listening. And they also seem to be part of the podcast itself, as in I can skip 15 seconds back and forth if I want to. I do know this is not their doing, because the ads also appear on episodes I've listened to multiple times and of which I know that there's no ads. Moreover, the artists are American and British, so I'm fairly certain they would not put such ads, not to mention ads that aren't even in their language, on their own episodes.

But I also have a premium account, so shouldn't it all be ad free in the first place? This issue is already very frustrating, and it only started a few hours ago. I've tried the whole clean installing thing, tried emptying the cache and the data on my phone in the settings, tried logging out on all devices. Nothing has helped so far.

5 Replies

Hello @Steelie

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

While Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

For more details make sure to take a look at this Spotify Answer

I hope you'll find this info helpful! 

I'll just copy this from my problem statement again:

I do know this is not their doing, because the ads also appear on episodes I've listened to multiple times and of which I know that there's no ads. Moreover, the artists are American and British, so I'm fairly certain they would not put such ads, not to mention ads that aren't even in their language, on their own episodes.

In any case, the weird ads are gone now.

Hi @Steelie

Thanks for getting back to me!

I understand that you listened previously to some episodes and no ads were displayed. However, as stated in the linked answer, podcast creators are able to amend and re-upload the content, so ads could be added in at a later date.

They're also able to choose ads in other languages, than the language of the podcast. 

I'm happy that the ads are no longer displaying for you. 

Have a great day and enjoy your favourite podcasts! 

Yeah about that, they're back. It's a Dutch one this time, and only one of them. I honestly don't know what's causing it. Or what could even cause it. I just know it's not supposed to be there and I'm kinda tired of it.

@Steelie

Hey, please vote here to help this issue gain momentum!

2020 Link to vote

Suggested posts