Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card not valid - Account Created through a Promo

Gift Card not valid - Account Created through a Promo

I received a $30 gift card that I'd like to use for Spotify Premium. When I went to the redemption page, I received this error message: Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service.

In searching through support topics, I found this: There are several possible reasons you may find you're unable to redeem a Spotify Gift Card code to your account...2. Your account was created through a discount promotion.

My initial Premium account was created through a discount promotion, so I'm guessing that is the reason. If so, is this just a back-end issue and can CS add the value for me? Or, are gift cards no longer considered a valid form of payment since I once used a promotion?

FYI, I am not trying to use any form of a promotion this time. I'd just like to use the $30 gift card to extend my Premium subscription at the regular price. 

2 Replies

Same problem here... I've even tried 2 different codes... And no answer from support team

I also have this issue.  Received $30 gift card for Christmas and get the same error message when I attempt to redeem.  Does Spotify Customer Service monitor this community blog?

Suggested posts