Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card purchasing problem

Gift Card purchasing problem

I've been trying to purchase a 3 month gift subscription through spotify.com for 2 days now.  every time i enter my info and click submit I get an "Oops there seems to be an error" message prior to where I'd give payment info.  for the life of me i can figure out why i cant purchase the gift card.  is this an issue with my profile as I'm logged in while doing this?

hoping someone can help.

thanks

Nate

17 Replies

Is it possible to try using a different browser or private/incognito window?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have exactly this problem and have been trying to purchase a 6 month gift since mid-August.

The same error occurs on IE and Firefox, irrespective of payment options and subscription duration.

I have submitted a problem to the support team and responded to the automated email (on two occasions now), with no response.

Has anyone had success resolving this?

Is anyone able to purchase a gift subscription at all in the UK?

Thanks!

@johncyril - How long ago did you get in touch with the support guys via the contact form?

Peter

Hi Peter,

24th August was when I recieved and repsonded to the automated email.

Hmmm that is some time ago. Could you post your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone to look into it?

Peter

Thank you, Peter.

I'm not totally sure which of these bits compromise the 8 digits you're looking for, so below is the whole thing I was given

Your case number for reference: #500D000000hOZ9lIAG  ref:00DDpxIW.500DhOZ9l:ref    

Is there no 8-digit number beside a # symbol (normally in the subject line of the automated reply email)?

Peter

Got it.

The case # i recieved was 01738635. This was as a sort of "confirmation email" of my query

Subsequent emails from the team (automated) didn't have this ID

Apolgoies for the confusion

I'm asking someone to check this out for you now.

Peter

Thank you, Peter.

Over the last week a couple of members from the spotify support team have gotten in touch.

Once to ask me to download and install Safari as a workaround which sadly also did not work.

The other contact was earlier today where I was asked to explain my issue once more and If the recipient was also in the UK like me.

Any ideas what could be the matter here?

Are you or anyone able to get to the payments stage of a gift subscription purchase?

Really grateful for your help!

Yup it is working fine for me @johncyril !

This might be a long shot, but could you just double check your post code is correct on this page:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

Thanks for your response, Peter.

For some reason my community account became disassociated with my spoitfy account, hence the new username (bizarre!)

Just checked and my postcode details are correct.

Could you tell me what browser you are using?

Hello,

I've also been having the same problem trying to purchase a gift card. I have followed all the instructions but I cannot get to the payment page where I would enter my credit card information. It simply says something went wrong and that I should try again. It has been saying the same thing for months now. Any ideas how to remedy this guys? Almost ready to pull my hair out.

Thanks,

Del

I'm using Chrome, and I managed to buy a gift card for my housemate yesterday so the system is definitely working. 

I have a feeling there might be something not quite right with accounts here, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can dig into this in a little more detail for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

My wife bought me a gift card this week. However neither her or I have received a confirmation email from Spotify only confirmation from Paypal that it has been paid. How do you resolve?

I read all messages tried everywhere but still don't have an answer.

This is a total s***t show of a site. I can't believe I'm spending my money here and honeslty, EVERY TIME I've contacted their "help" desk, they've been unable to help me.
I too, have been trying to buy someone a gift card. No. Freakin'. Go. Sadly, this is what my friend wants, so I persist. But goddam. They should just save themselves some money and get rid of their customer support team. They don't do a thing.

Suggested posts