Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card with Family membership.

Solved!

Gift Card with Family membership.

Are you able to use a family gift card to pay for a family membership?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can't use gift cards on Family subscriptions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can't use gift cards on Family subscriptions.

This policy is why I will never recommend Spotify to my outlying family.  Why can't a gift card be applied to any Spotify account?  A gift-card is NOT a coupon or a discount.  It is a debit.  Apply it to any account (or at least any primary account holder's account).

Exactly!  I had an exchange with Christgel that was both unhelpful and insensitive.  My case was then sent to the Executive team where Renze (much kinder, but equally unhelpful) tried to convince me that somehow Spotify could make $10 not be $10.  There should be some legal recourse available in certain countries because this practice is ridiculous.

I told Spotify I was leaving and jus started my Apple Music trial subscription in order to setup my playlists and offline music.  Can't wait to rid myself of this Spotify nuisance.  Plus, since Apple Music subscriptions can be paid for with iTunes gift cards, there are times where the gift cards can be purchased at a discount, making Apple Music less expensive than Spotify.  Unless someone is just anti-Apple, Spotify is not that compelling of an offering -- especially since they are virtually stealling money from people that have already made commitments to them.

I don't need you to argue on my post thank you very much. Please take this to another thread.

Suggested posts