Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Giftcard bought in France

Solved!

Giftcard bought in France

Hello,

I'm wondering if I buy a Spotify giftcard in a supermarket in France, can a Spotify user who lives in Ireland use it on their account?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

Just though I would drop a reply here to let you know I have been chatting to a member of the Spotify staff about this for you, it turns out you can redeem those Spotify gift cards in any country where Spotify has been launched! 

Enjoy sharing the music!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@pseudopod wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if I buy a Spotify giftcard in a supermarket in France, can a Spotify user who lives in Ireland use it on their account?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi, I don't believe this would be possible.

You can however purchase a Spotify e-card 🙂

Liam

Thank you Liam. I wanted to buy a physical gift card because it can be used to subscribe to the "unlimited" option on Spotify. Currently Spotify e-cards can only be used to subscribe to "premium".

I am aware that Spotify gift cards are available in the UK but I haven't seen them anywhere in Ireland.

What can I do to give an Irish user a voucher that they can use in Ireland to subscribe to "unlimited"?

@pseudopod wrote:

Thank you Liam. I wanted to buy a physical gift card because it can be used to subscribe to the "unlimited" option on Spotify. Currently Spotify e-cards can only be used to subscribe to "premium".

I am aware that Spotify gift cards are available in the UK but I haven't seen them anywhere in Ireland.

What can I do to give an Irish user a voucher that they can use in Ireland to subscribe to "unlimited"?

To be on the certain safe side, I would just give them the money required.

Liam

Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

Just though I would drop a reply here to let you know I have been chatting to a member of the Spotify staff about this for you, it turns out you can redeem those Spotify gift cards in any country where Spotify has been launched! 

Enjoy sharing the music!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for your help!

@pseudopod wrote:

Thank you for your help!

No worries (although I didn't really help ;))

Liam

Suggested posts