Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Giftcard problem: redeemed but no Spotify unlimited status

Giftcard problem: redeemed but no Spotify unlimited status

After redeeming the code from the giftcard i logged on to Spotify to start enjoying the 2 months music BUT i'm still on spotify free with 0 minutes remaining.

How long does it usually take to update the subscription status?

checked the following things:

- logged out and logged in facebook

-logged out on spotify program after redeem of code i logged in ofcourse

-the page that was used to redeem the code says "Je account is gecrediteerd met 2 maanden Spotify Unlimited"

-my profile on the website still says that i'm using Spotify free

did i do something wrong or is this payment system bugged/utterly slow?

Regards

12 Replies

Hmmmm, I bought a giftcard for 3 mounths today, and I have tryed to redeemed it. The system tells me that it is not possible to redeem the code at the moment,  try again later.......

I have tryed and tryed.....

Hi

I am also having the same problem... Redeemed the £10 and now can't find it. Emailed the help desk and they emailed back saying speak to the community. Great support!!

I have emailed them back asking them to help me, so will let you know how I get on.

Hi everyone - First can I confirm you've all tried logging into the website before trying to redeem that code? We've made a post about this issue here

If you're still having trouble, filling out the contact form is best. We can then look at those specific codes. 

Anyone directed back to the forums should reply again. 

Meredith,

The contact form option does not provide us with support, it redirects us to this community site.. please stop advising people that option if nobody gives a solution but "go to the community support page.... its just bad.

2nd, when you hammer the submit button when you have filled in the code to redeem there are 3 possible outcomes:

1. We cannot redeem this card at this moment, please try again later or contact..... (community support)

2. unable to redeem this code

3. SUCCES! the product you picked has been added to your account (but when you check it its still not added)

i'm really having 2nd thoughts about why i left Last.FM for Spotify when this service is absolutely flawed in every way

I suggest some ppl at support start opening their eyes and help the customers resolving their issues, they obviously are willing to pay for Spotify bt the system doesnt allow them.

Regards, a quited pissed off "willing to pay" customer

I have exactly the same problem. I redeemed voucher for 3 months premium which the website said was successful but my account still shows as free. Of course I have tried all manner of login/logout/reinstall/wastemytime !

Contact form leads nowhere - there is absolutely no customer support.

Another pissed off customer not so much willing to pay but HAVE ALREADY paid and is getting nothing for it.

I'm having the exact smae problem with redeming a 1month gift cardd..

@Lavatherm wrote:

The contact form option does not provide us with support, it redirects us to this community site.. please stop advising people that option if nobody gives a solution but "go to the community support page.... its just bad.

@as I mentioned above, anyone directed back to the forums should reply again. @Lavatherm You should've already received some reponses from our agents--we can continue to help via that email thread.

Our team is continuing to look into this issue. As soon as I've got an update I'll let you know here.

Hi there

i've got the Same troubles.

last codes

The same thing has happened to me. This is stupid as hell. How can my little application grooveshark be better than both rhapsody and spotify?

First, it was unclear what I was buying. I thought 30$ would buy me 3 months. Then when I entered the code it said pick an option, WELL THERE WAS ONLY ONE OPTION TO PICK. So it said I was subbed for 6 months. I opened the application and nothing happened.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like your subscription is just taking a while to be recognised. First thing to do is check your subscription status on your online overview to make sure your subscription is active. 
If it is, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

If not, or if you have any other issues, you will need to get in touch with thepayments team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had the same issue! Redeemed a $60 card thinking it was for PREMIUM and now I'm stuck with 12 months of UNLIMITED (whatever that means). Is there any way to change this???

@aimeehook Get in touch with the payment team using the online contact form and they can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Suggested posts