Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini... Bait-and-Switch offer?

Solved!

Google Home Mini... Bait-and-Switch offer?

We have Spotify Family, a premium account; but are rejected for the Google Home free speaker offer.  I hate it when companies do this, its too complicated and confusing - for now reason.

We have never done the offer before, so we should qualify.  We have been paying Spofity for a long time, too.  The reasons given when we were rejected did not make sense, either.

It feels like a bogus kind of offer - just to get headlines?  

Two screenshots attached.

Spotify Offer 1 of 2.jpg
Spotify Offer 2 of 2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AuxieDC@Coffeeman27@sydmen.

Can you each let me know if your the owner of a Premium Family plan or a member? 

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey @Coffeeman27, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.
Could you confirm these details for me:

• Is your Spotify Premium Family account registered in the US?
  • Have you ever redeemed a Google offer (for example, if you got a Google Home Mini offer in the past from Spotify)?
  • Have you tried this using a different browser or incognito mode? You can get started here.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes, we are in the US.

No, we have never used any other speaker offer.

We are just a Premium Family user, and being unfairly rejected for the
offer.

Yes, we are in the US (Oregon).

No, we have never done any other offer.

Yes, I have tried other browsers including Edge; same result.

My regular system is Windows 10, Chrome browser, and all up-to-date.

It seems unfair, hence the title of the thread.  We should qualify.

Im in the same situation. Will be on the lookout for advice.

Thanks

Hey @Coffeeman27c, @sydmen.

I'll be taking a closer look at this, and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience in advance 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Same issue here - never had a previous google home (or other promo), been a direct-through-spotify family premium member for at least a couple of years or so. Currently paying $14.99.

Please advise!

Marked as solution

Hey @AuxieDC@Coffeeman27@sydmen.

Can you each let me know if your the owner of a Premium Family plan or a member? 

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

I'm the primary. I keep getting told I already got the device, but I didn't even know this was an option until yesterday and never applied for it before.

Cross-posting this here since it fits in both threads...

So, customer service just got back to me again and said they "can confirm you've redeemed a code to claim a Google Home Mini as part of your plan in the past. You can check previous orders by going to the Order History page on the Google Store website at https://store.google.com/orderhistory?hl=en-US."

I went to that page, logged in and confirmed that that only thing I've ever bought on there was a Chromecast dongle on October 10, 2017. (According to Wikipedia, the Google Home Mini was released on October 19, 2017.)

But I ordered. no. Google. Home. Mini.

I think a switch to Amazon Music Ultimate is in order....

Billy-J,

That seems to be our issue. It had to be my wife who was the original account holder. I wish they could have said that up front... Ok so she tried... it was the most arduous process you can imagine.  It was on her phone.

1. She could not find the offer on Spotify.com; just not there.  

2. I sent her a link that support sent us; the first thing you have to do,

is click a button to order Spofity Family - even though you have it

already.  Many wont want to 'reorder'... its dumb.

3. Then a long screen, again not clear but if you scroll down far,

you finally come to a link, kind of hidden, to get the speaker.

It seems clear that Spotify does not really want existing users to get this offer.

4. It says once the speaker arrives, you have to connect Google & Spotify;

it then takes you right into the process to connect them.  So that makes no sense.

5. This process failed.  We had to try 3 times.

Somehow, with lots of retries, we got it to work.  Worst process I have ever seen.  Someone really dropped the ball on this one.  

What link did support send you? I follow all the eligible qualifications for this deal but have been having the same issue as you. Do we have to cancel and resubscribe?

If you have the family plan, it can only be done by the main one in the plan, they call them the Manager; its probably whomever signed up first.  Then you can go to this link:

spotify.com/googlehome/redeem

But its done very poorly.  I looks like you have to click to subscribe, likes its your first time; just click it.  Then on the next page scroll down down down and you will see a link that says something like, "Already a subscriber?".  Its really buried.  Obviously, if its this hard, then Spotify does  not really want to give out the speaker.

There are more steps. You will have to connect your google and spotify accounts, it failed for us multiple times but finally.... we ended up in the cart and now, the speaker is (supposedly) shipping to us.  Its free, so that is nice but the process is the worst.

I'm wondering if they've disabled it already after seeing your post - definitely not working now, just keeps redirecting to the signup page, of course I'm logged in with a qualifying sub which I've had since Premium first existed.

Hmm, ok - here's what I had to do - switched to browser I never use (MS Edge!) - login via previous poster's link, par with Google account per screen instructions, you get:

"It looks like you've not registered your interest for this offer yet.

Register now"

Click Register Now, then it shows you the sign up screen - pick THE VERY TOP LINK like you will re-signup, if you get an all red themed page, you picked the right one, confirm and you'll get an email which will direct you to your Google Store account.

Laughably horrible implementation.

I tried that and it still didn't work.  I think the problem I'm having is that when I joined spotify eons ago, I signed up through Facebook.  In their disclaimers it says that it's not eligble to accounts that were created through third parties.  I really don't want to have to create a whole new account, resend family invitations out (would they lose their account/playlists if I create a new account and end up closing this one?).  It would suck enough just losing my playlists because I think the only way I can get the mini is by creating a whole new account.  :0(

Thanks! Apparently they are saying I've used this offer in the past but I'm pretty sure this is the first time they are doing something like this in the US? I've checked all 3 of my google accounts order history and no listings of getting a google home mini so I'm really confused. They are definitely making this process super hard for no reason. Either that, or someone has hacked my account to redeem this without my knowledge.

I am also running into this same issue.
Current Premium Family Subscriber in the US
Have not redeemed a google home mini through Spotify in the past.

When I initially signed up for spotify back in 2015, I signed up through the offer with sprint. For the past few years then I have been paying directly to Spotify.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated?

In one of the pages you're navigated through after the email link, there is a link for full terms and conditions I believe it said, make sure you click on full terms and conditions link let it open then exit, that worked for me..either a coincidence or it takes about an hour to get the rewards promo applied to your account....

No dice for me. didnt work

Suggested posts