Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini offer not working

Solved!

Google Home Mini offer not working

I've been trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer. I meet all of the qualifications, but I get the following message when I try and redeem:

We couldn’t confirm your eligibility for a Google Home Mini.

Make sure you’ve logged in with the right account.

Tried accessing via the offer page, via the Spotify FAQ page (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/free-google-home-mini-offer/). Tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Have never received a GHM via a Spotify-related offer.

Plan

Existing Premium Individual

Monthly reoccurring payment via CC

Subscribed directly via Spotify, not a third party

Country

USA

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved! Credit to DragonFlames638, they found the fix that worked for me. Go to http://spotify.com/googlehome/redeem, link your Google and Spotify accounts, and it works great!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey, I went online to Spotify > Profile > Account > Apps (bottom left corner at the end of the list) and removed access from Google. Then, I used the link OP posted above to link my Spotify account to my Google account, and it worked. Hope that helps

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hi Mate,

Please try logging out and re-logging into your account.

Regards

Hi,

Tried that now, same error message.

Thanks,

Figured out the solution when I was having the same issue today. I checked my email account associated with spotify (in my case it was facebook email) and there was a new email wanting me to link my google email with spotify and a couple other quick steps to activate the free google home mini. I ordered a coral one. Cheers 🙂

I'm having the exact same problem (Though I have Premium+Hulu).
What am I doing wrong? 

Did this and having still having the same problem:(

Kevipoo, didn't work for me either. Checked my Spotify-associated email account, inc. spam/junk folder, with no luck. Even checked my other email accounts just in case. Nothing.

Marked as solution

Problem solved! Credit to DragonFlames638, they found the fix that worked for me. Go to http://spotify.com/googlehome/redeem, link your Google and Spotify accounts, and it works great!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I had this issue after receiving the email. Logging in and giving permissions still returned an error. Help!

my username is ...
Marked as solution

Hey, I went online to Spotify > Profile > Account > Apps (bottom left corner at the end of the list) and removed access from Google. Then, I used the link OP posted above to link my Spotify account to my Google account, and it worked. Hope that helps

I signed up for this deal weeks ago in the "Come Back" promotion. I thought it was a great deal but I never received the promised "email" which said it was going to explain how to redeem the Google Mini?

Hey @sixHat,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just wanted to confirm that users should get an email only after registering their interest in the offer here.

Hope that clears things up! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

All that did was open up to Spotify? I had already signed up for the account because of the deal so I am not sure what you mean?

Hey there @sixHat,

Thanks for getting back with this!

As the offer is no longer available, it would explain why you're having troubles registering your interest following the link above.

However, if you registered successfully when the offer was available, you can still try redeeming it here if haven't received an email.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I did register when the promotion was live and active. However when I try the link I get it charges me (like others) for the cost of the mini:

sixHat_0-1579021548970.png

Hey again @sixHat,

Thanks for adding this and including this screenshot!

Could you try opening the full code link in a private/incognito window? Follow the purchase flow to the end of the check out, without navigating away from the incognito browser window. We'd recommend avoiding opening multiple windows with the same link all at once as this may cause issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, and you've successfully registered your interest in the offer, we'd recommend reaching out to our support teams so that they can take a closer look behind the scenes for you.

You can find more help on how to do that here.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with - we'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts