Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home pauses on linked Spotify premium account

Solved!

Google home pauses on linked Spotify premium account

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Google Home

Operating System

Hi,

I have Google Home linked to my Spotify premium

account and after about 10 seconds Google Home stops playing the song. 

Also If casting form Spotify iPhone app Spotify cycles  through 10 or more songs without playing before starting to play a random song. 

Issue does not happen with other music providers on Google Home.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Liam

25 Replies

Hey @bq7h47ktw3h6ax3,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users too!

If anything else comes up, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have this exact same issue, Both on my google device at home on my home network and at my work, most have echo at work don't have a issue. I have been having this issue on and off for over a year and have even spent over a hour on google support resetting my entire network and all 6 google homes.  I noticed that the sound stops, but if I go to spotify it says it is still playing and if you adjust the volume the device responds. if you go to another song you get another 10 seconds. I read here that other music providers don't have this issue, and I know this issue is a non-issue on echo. I might have to look into changes for our family. 

this happens with both groups, single, and If i am casting from my phone, or a laptop, or even using the goggle home display interface which is very limited i think. I have been reading  this thread and have tried everything posted here already. it fixes it for a little bit then goes bad again and after a year i am getting tired of it. 

Hey @Ellyanna!

Here's something you can try out:

1. Unlink your Spotify account from your Google Home and then link it again.
  2. In the Google Home app, set the DNS sever address to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.
  3. Reboot your device.

Alternatively, you can try setting the DNS sever address to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 in your router's settings as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm one of the responders that noted the problems went away, but the problems went dormant.. Like a dragon hiding in its lair.. I found one solution that works 99% of the time. I never ever use speakergroups any longer. If I want to play music, I use Google home --> Media and there I select each speaker individually. This way I also found my culprit, the speaker in the kitchen seems to be the one that throws the system off. If I select that speaker first, then everything is messed up, if I select another speaker first there are no issues.

Good luck!

Hey @bq7h47ktw3h6ax3,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine after the workaround you found. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will help other users too while we investigate this further.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts