Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Got 30 day premium trial - still hearing ads

Got 30 day premium trial - still hearing ads

I thought the idea of upgrading to Premium by using the 30 day free trial would remove the ads, etc.  At least I'm still hearing them on the desktop application.

I realize that you are giving me something for free, but I did essentially sign up for a premium subscription (with 30 days free), that I have to cancel prior to 30 days if I choose not to continue after sampling the Premium level product. 

How am I supposed to evaluate if I'm not really receiving the full Premium experience with the ads, etc.  How do I know if I'm receiving.

If there is something funky with my account please fix it, if not, please explain.

4 Replies

I'm sure you tried this already, but have you signed out of and closed the Spotify client and then re-signed in when you re-opened it again?

yes of course - but this seems to only be specific to using the desktop application. if using my iphone there are no ads.

But at work with the desktop application, I occasionally hear ads.

and for some reason when I went in today to reply to your response, the Spotify community website didn't recognize that I had already been a member and set up my user name.  It forced me to go back through and choose a name, which of course couldn't be the same that I used when I originally posted my problem.

not sure what is up with that.

I just recently purchased Spotify Premium and I STILL HEAR ADS! On top of that, I can't access it on my iPhone. It only lets me hear the radio version.

@dharalson wrote:

I thought the idea of upgrading to Premium by using the 30 day free trial would remove the ads, etc.  At least I'm still hearing them on the desktop application.

I realize that you are giving me something for free, but I did essentially sign up for a premium subscription (with 30 days free), that I have to cancel prior to 30 days if I choose not to continue after sampling the Premium level product. 

How am I supposed to evaluate if I'm not really receiving the full Premium experience with the ads, etc.  How do I know if I'm receiving.

If there is something funky with my account please fix it, if not, please explain.

Suggested posts