Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Got `Confirm Email` Email Sent After A Day Of Making My Account

Solved!

Got `Confirm Email` Email Sent After A Day Of Making My Account

My Question or Issue

Not sure if this is just how Spotify works, but I just need some reassurance to make sure nobody has gotten into my account somehow. Does Spotify normally send the "Confirm Email" email to the email you used to create a Spotify account around a day after you made said account? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @curt1s,

Thanks for your reply and the provided screenshots.

Automatic messages sent by our system could be delayed sometimes, as this depends on mailing servers performance, the traffic load and your personal inbox settings. Sometimes such emails might even end up in your Spam filter. If you want to tweak your Spotify notification settings - check this article here.

Keep in mind that Spotify will never request randomly from you to provide login details or any other form of personal info. If ever in doubt about the legitimacy of an email you've received from Spotify, you can forward it to spoof@spotify.com and the folks there will be happy to check it for you.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @curt1s,

thanks for reaching out !

It would be great if you could upload a picture of the email you received.

This way, it can be double checked here and validated.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Screenshot 2021-10-28 143346.png

heres the email i was referring to

Marked as solution

Hi @curt1s,

Thanks for your reply and the provided screenshots.

Automatic messages sent by our system could be delayed sometimes, as this depends on mailing servers performance, the traffic load and your personal inbox settings. Sometimes such emails might even end up in your Spam filter. If you want to tweak your Spotify notification settings - check this article here.

Keep in mind that Spotify will never request randomly from you to provide login details or any other form of personal info. If ever in doubt about the legitimacy of an email you've received from Spotify, you can forward it to spoof@spotify.com and the folks there will be happy to check it for you.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts