Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Guide: Regain access to hacked or lost account

Guide: Regain access to hacked or lost account

I'm creating this post because a lot of people have been having their accounts compromised due to lack of security on their end. If you're one of the people who has had their account hacked / taken over by someone who you have not given authorization, I suggest you follow this guide 🙂

Hey there!

What you want to do is regain access to your account, but since your email has been changed, if you shoot an email to account-details-changed@spotify.com with details explaining what happened and what the email changes are, they'll be happy to help.

From there on, I suggest that you change your email account password just in case someone has access to your email account, This is an optional step. Once that is done, change your Spotify account password to something safe and secure, something that people usually would be able to guess and preferably something that you haven't used before.

Now that you should have access to your Spotify account, you should head over to https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ and click 'SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE', This will signout all users that are logged into your account, but make sure you only do this once you have changed the account password, otherwise the hacker will know that something is up and will just try to re-hack the account.

If you have fully completed all the steps above, just ensure that your details are safe and secure, make sure that you have a new password on your account. a password that has not been used before and that is safe and secure. Make sure that your email is secure and that no one is logged in to your email account and if so, change your email account password. Now that all your details are secure, you may begin using your account as normal again!

This step only depends on if someone has deleted your playlists, if they have head over to https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/ and you will be able to recover all playlists that have been previously deleted on your account!

Let me know how everything goes and if you're not able to complete one of more of the steps above or have and issue with anything, feel free to reply to this thread and then i will be more than happy to assist you further!

Note: I suggest you use a secure password to ensure that no one access your account without permission. Make sure to include lower and upper case letters, a number and even a symbol if you really want to make sure your account is safe (a-z, A-Z, 0-9, !"£$%^&*()_+-=@~[]{},.<>/?\| ETC)

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂
1 Reply

I don't know if my message went through. My dtr created an acct with a fake email and signed up for premium. We can't recover the acct to cancel. How do I handle this    ty

Suggested posts