Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP DELETING PREVIOUS ACCOUNTS ON FAMILY PLAN

HELP DELETING PREVIOUS ACCOUNTS ON FAMILY PLAN

My Question or Issue

Hi, on 2018 I was the manager of a family premium account with my sisters, but they were never able to use it due to some adress mix up. So after a few months I cancelled it and just payed for my personal Spotify Premium, but ever since that they were never able to upgrade to a premium account on their own cause according to Spotfy they are still linked to that family account which I had already previously cancelled. I have been trying to change that or delete them as family memebers but according to Spotify I cant cause I do not own a family account currently. Please help. 

3 Replies

Hi there @domeestefano,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

When the owner of a Premium family decides to cancel their subscription, it revokes the action of the invited members and it "downgrades" their account to the previous account they had before joining.

For example, if i was a member of your Premium family who joined with a Free account this is the account i'll see when you cancel the Premium family account.

If you family members are still shown as on Premium family it might be due to the fact you may still have an active account. 

Let's start by using this help page to locate all of the accounts listed with your details.

In addition, you can visit your account overview page and check your account's status and receipts.

Go through them and check that you've indeed canceled your subscription properly.

These are first indication steps.

Keep me posted on any progress 🙂

Hello, 

What i wanna know is since if accounts joined to the family plan but the it was cancelled without me leaving the group yet.  Is there a way which i could leave myself from the group though my status is already a free account user like in google group?  Or the family manager in free status to just delete the group so no need for them to leave themselves, that way it's easier and faster though.  Just in case they wanna join other group plans in the  future they can't coz they still connected to the current group.

Hey @namjoonkimvjk,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you're seeing just a free account when logging in, but expect a Family Manager account, it means you're most probably logged in on a different account. Here is how to check this. After you've found the manager account, you can invite and remove members from the Family tab on the account page in a web broswer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts