Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

Solved!

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

HELLO, Could anybody help me? I´ve forgotten my password and I don´t know how to get it again, Anybody knows if it´s possible?? and how to do it?

thanks a lot

134 Replies

I've never been able to finalize my Spotify account to even get started.  I cannot access Spotify because it says "invalid username / password ."  But when I click on the "forgot password" link it just takes me to my spotify home page, which indicates I signed up using FB.  I try my FB username and password to get in but it doesn't work.  My Spotify username is not the same as my FB password; I try using my Spotify username and all the usual suspects for passwords and still can't get in.  What a crazy program Spotify is!

So, I just clicked on the X to make the login box disappear, and I was able to start using Spotify.  So all that "invalid username/password" stuff was just so much garbage tying me up for no reason.  So, as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say, Nevermind!

I forgot my password too, except when I go to reset page, it wont let me reset it without giving my original password first....which I dont know.... so this isn't working. Any ideas?

@markusheim wrote:

I forgot my password too, except when I go to reset page, it wont let me reset it without giving my original password first....which I dont know.... so this isn't working. Any ideas?

It sounds like you are logged into your account on the website. Click on your name in the top of the website and select "Log out". 

Then go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and it should let you request a reset. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello. Seems like I have have the same problem as many other people here. I've tryed to sync spotify with my mobile device but when I logg on, the spotify list is empty and it says that I dont have a premium account (which I have). And when I try to reset my password it only says that im synced with facebook or whatever. could the admins please, just set my spotify profile as "single" (not synced with faebook and stuff) so much easyer to controll it, when im not a facebook person.

Hi. Please follow the steps in this post.

@thomasius wrote:

Hello. Seems like I have have the same problem as many other people here. I've tryed to sync spotify with my mobile device but when I logg on, the spotify list is empty and it says that I dont have a premium account (which I have). And when I try to reset my password it only says that im synced with facebook or whatever. could the admins please, just set my spotify profile as "single" (not synced with faebook and stuff) so much easyer to controll it, when im not a facebook person.

When I set up my account I was never asked to input a password and now I can't login in even when using my gmail account (which I used to set up spotify) and that password doesn't match. When I go and try to reset my password, it asks for the old password. Kind of a catch 22 I'm in.

@enjoysbass wrote:

When I set up my account I was never asked to input a password and now I can't login in even when using my gmail account (which I used to set up spotify) and that password doesn't match. When I go and try to reset my password, it asks for the old password. Kind of a catch 22 I'm in.

You will only get asked for the password if you are logged into the Spotify website. Try clicking on your name at the top and logging it, then going to the password reset page

Peter

Peter

I have forgotten my original password and when I go to the page to change it, I type in a new password (twice) and then another box asks me to enter my original password to confirm the change.  Sort of a catch-22, yes?  Can someone please tell me how to get Spotify to simply send me an email with new password than can then be changed?

Many thanks,

Julie

@user-removed wrote:

I have forgotten my original password and when I go to the page to change it, I type in a new password (twice) and then another box asks me to enter my original password to confirm the change.  Sort of a catch-22, yes?  Can someone please tell me how to get Spotify to simply send me an email with new password than can then be changed?

Many thanks,

Julie

Hey Julie 🙂 

That will be because you are still logged into your account. Click on your name at the top of the page and select Log out. Then go back to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and request a password reset email. 

Peter

Peter

Hello, I have a Premium account that I've used for a while now. I just had to reset my phone today and my password safe was all deleted. The problem is I made a facebook account just for my spotify account with 0 friends or anything. I don't know the email, but I know it had something to do with Jungle in it. I also know my card number that I'm using. I can't find an answer anywhere. I think my Facebook was something about Jungle Fist Fury it was stupid. Please help ASAP. Thanks, Garrett

Hi. You'll need to use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

The password reset section makes no sense. If I have forgotten my password, how can I reset it, if Spotify says "after you have changed your password, you need to enter your CURRENT PASSWORD to verify it." Um, that makes NO SENSE. If I forgot my password, I can't verify it, right? Come on, people!

Please help a dude understand what's going on here, please.

Are you getting this when you click the "Forgot your password" link from the login screen?

how can i reset my password if i cant remember my current onw?

@oliviapantsno - Enter your username or email address on the password reset page

If you get redirected to your online profile, click on your username at the top and select logout then go back to the reset page above. 

Peter

Peter

I need help. I have been trying all day to get a new password and nobody can seem to help me. I can't remember my old password and to change your password you have to know it.

@Peter wrote:

@oliviapantsno - Enter your username or email address on the password reset page

If you get redirected to your online profile, click on your username at the top and select logout then go back to the reset page above. 

Peter

@vaswag - ^ Follow the steps above (you just need to logout).

Peter

Peter

Yes I have forgotten my password. When I try to create a new one I am asked for my current password Please help I am rrrreally missing my Premium

@Peter wrote:

Peter

@gcharger - You just need to logout of your online profile then go back to the reset page 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts