Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP: I have 3 artist accounts (all different songs) created by 3 different distributors.

Solved!

HELP: I have 3 artist accounts (all different songs) created by 3 different distributors.

Plan

Spotify for Artist

Country

Singapore

Device

Lenovo

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

My issue: 

I am a Mandopop singer. I launched my 1st EP in 2017 under Artist ID "SiaYeun Tay 郑夏韵" under distributor #1。

When I launched my new single on 27-Mar-2020, I have given the new distributor #2 my Spotify Artist ID as above. However, when the single was launched on Spotify, I saw a new Artist ID#2 "郑夏韵" was created instead and my new single was tagged to it. I can't view the statistics of this new ID#2 when I log into my Spotify for Artist account too. I have inform the distributor to quickly update the tagging to my correct Artist Account, but it's not been updated until today (1 month already) . 

4 days ago, I launched a new group song with 10 other artists, the same thing happened, the other distributor #3 create another new Artist ID#3 "鄭夏韻" even though I have provided them my Artist ID.

Question 1: Can keep all 3 Artist IDs and cross reference all my songs within these 3 IDs? (Since they are all my name) 

Question 2: if I am not allowed to have 3 different Artist IDs, can I merge the 2 new songs in ID#2 & ID#3 to my original ID#1?

Question 3: What will happen to the 2 newly created Artist ID#2 "郑夏韵" & #3 "鄭夏韻" ? *Will the Followers & Number of Plays at ID#2 & #3 be transferred to the original ID#1?

NOTE:

1) The Chinese words for both ID#2 "郑夏韵" & #3 "鄭夏韻" are my name (#ID#2 is in Simplified Chinese Characters, while  ID#3 "鄭夏韻" is in Traditional Chinese Character).

(2) Currently, I can only receive reports or view the statistics of my 1st EP which was released under my very 1st Artist ID when I log into Spotify for Artists, I can't view anything for my 2 new songs under the 2 new Artist ID#2 & #3.

Awaiting for advise and workable solutions. Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @YeunSG1711,

In this case you'd need to discuss this with dedicated Artist Support Team as they'll be able to look into this and give you an accurate answer to this. You can reach them through this dedicated Contact Form

Due to COVID-19, may experience a short delay in them getting back to you but they should be in touch as soon as they can.

Best,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @YeunSG1711,

In this case you'd need to discuss this with dedicated Artist Support Team as they'll be able to look into this and give you an accurate answer to this. You can reach them through this dedicated Contact Form

Due to COVID-19, may experience a short delay in them getting back to you but they should be in touch as soon as they can.

Best,

Thank you. Will do that.

Suggested posts